Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Ideal Automatik = Brother ???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/ideal-automatik-%3D-brother-t241214.html)

psychonurse 01-03-2015 06:17 AM

German to English translation - ImTranslator.net imtranslator.net/translation/german/to-english/translation

Joe try this? google search found several sites, it doesn't look like this cost? IDK have not used it.
on a side note, I wrote something in Spanish last week on facebook and then got pop up ads in Spanish.
What a hoot.

tessagin 01-03-2015 06:29 AM

Joe, You might want to contact the local high school to see if they have a German language teacher who could help you translate. Some times the internet translators can get you confused. Just a thought!

J Miller 01-03-2015 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by raluca seffer (Post 7031665)
Thank you for your reply.
I wonder if you have the possibility to send me a copy of your german manual..perhaps i can translate it.
Thank you

I will try. I've got to find it and see what I can do.

Joe

KenmoreRulesAll 01-03-2015 08:57 AM

Your cat matches your sewing machine.

sews 01-03-2015 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 7031635)
I've yet to get it translated.

I wish I could help more, but to tell the truth, I'm still in the dark with this machine.

Joe

If you send me the manual pdf and specific questions I can look at it and see if those are addressed in the manual. I'm fluent in German.

J Miller 01-03-2015 11:52 AM

sews,

The manual was sent to me as a many page .jpg. The original sender sent it in many emails. To send it out I'd have to do a ton of cropping and editing and I don't have the tools to save a .jpg as a .pdf.
Thanks anyway.

Joe

Cari-in-Oly 01-03-2015 01:47 PM

OMG. How did I miss this thread when I joined QB? Yes Joe, it's built by Brother. And Yes, the Flairmatic is as close as you'll get in a US distributed machine. Your machine is from the 1960s, a little later than the Flairmatic. What do you need to know as far as operating it? It's a very easy to use machine. And if you ever want to re home it, my Flairmatic says she'd love to have a playmate that looks like her, lol. Seriously.

Cari

sews 01-03-2015 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 7032168)
sews,

The manual was sent to me as a many page .jpg. The original sender sent it in many emails. To send it out I'd have to do a ton of cropping and editing and I don't have the tools to save a .jpg as a .pdf.
Thanks anyway.

Joe

I can view jpgs..... just assumed she'd sent a pdf....

J Miller 01-03-2015 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by sews (Post 7032295)
I can view jpgs..... just assumed she'd sent a pdf....

The person that sent the file to me was supposed to send it to another person who was working with someone else to get manuals translated. I don't know if he got it or not.

I'll have to check and see how much trouble it would be to crop the blank stuff out to reduce the file size.

Joe

raluca seffer 01-04-2015 12:11 PM

What do you say about my machine Ideal Automatik? It isn't identical with yours, Joe... but i don't figure out if it is latest or oldest than your machine.

Raluca