Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Crossstitcher 12-17-2012 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a better picture of the quilt.

irishrose 12-17-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5726113)
This is a better picture of the quilt.

I love your rancher's daughter quilt. The colors and work are very nice. This is the second quilt I have seen recently with Delectable Mountains for a border -an excellent choice. :thumbup:

What machine was used to make it?

vintagemotif 12-18-2012 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5726105)
Hi everyone I haven't been on this site for a while and OH MY what beautiful quilts you all have made. I love everyone of them and the colors are great.
Now I do have one I want to show you but, you may have already seen it on another part of the board. It's called Ranchers Daughter. Also a picture of a table topper I made for my DIL.

Very pretty! I love the look of the border on your Rancher's Daughter quilt.

JudyTheSewer 12-18-2012 01:30 PM

I would like to put a border of Delectable Mountains on a quilt some day. Your quilt is lovely.

happyquiltmom 12-18-2012 02:19 PM

Very pretty quilt!

Crossstitcher 12-18-2012 02:43 PM

Irishrose, I used my trusty 301. I love that machine altho I have a lot of others I love when I am using them.

BoJangles 12-19-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5727889)
Irishrose, I used my trusty 301. I love that machine altho I have a lot of others I love when I am using them.

Hehehehehehe, I know exactly what you are saying. I 'love' each of my machines the most when I am using them! I have a hard time picking a favorite!

Trish your delectable mountain border is such a nice touch to the whole quilt - beautiful! I made a quilt for my brother that is all delectable mountains, which was nice, but the way you used it as a border is great! I love the colors/stars too!

Nancy

Muv 12-31-2012 02:38 PM

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Quilt

1 Attachment(s)
After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Glenn 12-31-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5752890)
After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Muv, what a lovely quilt you have made with your vintage machines. I think it is just great..

Skip

miriam 12-31-2012 03:07 PM

Muv, you must have HOURS and DAYS in that quilt. Very pretty.