Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Muv 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5752948)
Muv, you must have HOURS and DAYS in that quilt. Very pretty.

No, weeks and months, and I wasn't going to let it turn into years. No big projects for 2013. Quick and easy is the name of the game for the coming year.

Glenn, glad you like it - it's as unfishy as you can get!

Crossstitcher 12-31-2012 03:39 PM

Beautiful is all I can say besides WOW.

BoJangles 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5752890)
After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Muv, your quilt is absolutely stunning! Beautiful detail, beautiful quilting, beautiful applique'! All I can say is WOW!

Nancy

happyquiltmom 01-01-2013 08:04 AM

Muv, what an accomplishment! You do beautiful work.

Caroline S 01-01-2013 04:25 PM

Very nice Muv. I am sure each of the motifs have a meaning. Could you tell us? Did you use the QAYG method for your quilt?

Muv 01-02-2013 02:56 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, which are greatly appreciated.

Caroline - yes I did do QAYG, 25 panels in total.
Because the United Kingdom is made up of three countries and a province, I used two plants for each one. The rose and oak for England, daffodil and leek for Wales, thistle and Scots pine for Scotland, and shamrock and flax flower for Northern Ireland.

When I have better pictures I am going to do a thread in the pictures section, but I'm not really organised yet.

Crossstitcher 01-05-2013 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is a quilt top I have been working on for 2 months. Started out as a lap size to quilt on the sewing machine. Liked it so much made it full size. Now will have to put in on the quilting frame. I did this a little at a time while recovering from surgery. DH put a 301 in cabinet in the dining area for me to sew.

happyquiltmom 01-06-2013 05:10 AM

Very colorful...it's great!

BoJangles 01-06-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5765018)
Well here is a quilt top I have been working on for 2 months. Started out as a lap size to quilt on the sewing machine. Liked it so much made it full size. Now will have to put in on the quilting frame. I did this a little at a time while recovering from surgery. DH put a 301 in cabinet in the dining area for me to sew.

Wow, what a cheerful, happy quilt to bring in the New Year! Perfect 1st photo of 2013! Great colors, great job, beautiful!

Nancy

Crossstitcher 01-06-2013 07:22 AM

Nancy and Cindy, thanks so much. Something I just made up on my own. I love pastel colors.