Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Crossstitcher 08-10-2011 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are not quilts but I did make them on my vintage 301 machine you see in the picture. They hid a roll of toilet paper under there skirts. I set mine on the back of the toilet.

made these on the 301
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239754[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 08-10-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
These are not quilts but I did make them on my vintage 301 machine you see in the picture. They hid a roll of toilet paper under there skirts. I set mine on the back of the toilet.

Cute! Another nice project for the vintage ladies.

Muv 08-12-2011 09:42 AM

Seeing as dolls qualify for posting here, here's the link to the pictures of my Little Vesta with Little Red Riding Hood, made on that machine. LRRH is holding up the pattern, a genuine 1920's or so vintage pattern, that I used to make her. I traced all the pieces so I kept the pattern intact. The instructions were printed on the inside of the envelope - the makers intended you to cut it and open it out. No chance! I squinted down inside it if I wasn't sure what to do.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-4.htm

Muv 08-12-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a couple of pictures of a corner and the border of a quilt I made for my daughter on page 2 of this thread. Here's a picture of the whole quilt. I've had to correct the colour on the computer because it was too washed out before.

There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

I have a quilt being quilted at the Quilt Shop at the moment. As soon as I've done the binding I hope to post the pictures here.

This is a single quilt laid out on a double bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240562[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 08-14-2011 12:09 PM

Your quilt is very beautiful!

Originally Posted by Muv
I posted a couple of pictures of a corner and the border of a quilt I made for my daughter on page 2 of this thread. Here's a picture of the whole quilt. I've had to correct the colour on the computer because it was too washed out before.

There are some lovely quilts on this thread. I'm sure vintage machines make you aim for simpler designs, which I think can be so much more effective.

I have a quilt being quilted at the Quilt Shop at the moment. As soon as I've done the binding I hope to post the pictures here.

:-D

vintagemotif 08-14-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muv

Muv Your quilt and doll are pretty!

miriam 08-14-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Muv

Muv Your quilt and doll are pretty!

ditto

gml 08-14-2011 10:28 PM

Your crumb blocks look so pretty. :) Just this weekend I started on some crumb blocks for a table topper. Wish my blocks look as pretty as yours :)

gml

vintagemotif 08-14-2011 10:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest. My daughter had seen a quilt with this patterned on the Modern Day Quilt site. She requested me to make her a quilt using this pattern. I call this modern pattern twisted 60 degrees. I do not know the correct name for this pattern.

The piecing was done on my Eldredge Two Spools, quilting on Singer 201, binding Davis NVF, and decorative stitch to finish off the binding on Singer 401.

Another modern day quilt made with vintage machines!

kiffie2413 08-14-2011 10:52 PM

All of the quilts are simply beautiful! I have my great grandma's Singer Treadle machine in its original cabinet...and embarrassing to say, but did not really consider quilting with it...after "lurking" here on the board, and finally joining, and then seeing all of the lovely quilts made-and some with vintage machines, have made me decide to give it a go!...Thanks ya'll!!
K