Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

vintagemotif 07-29-2013 12:23 PM

Irishrose, Your quilt is very pretty! I love the directions of lines that you used in the center of the quilt. It gives it a flow of movement with the center star shape. The colors are very pretty too!

chris_quilts 07-29-2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 6203486)
Monica, what a gorgeous table runner. I just finished a wall hanging with close quilting and my work doesn't look as good as yours.
I may as well post it. A train mystery pattern done totally on my 301.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]426927[/ATTACH]

Stunning wall hanging. Love the colors and the how the qulting flows with the center piece of fabric.

chris_quilts 07-29-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 6203564)
Chris, The pattern I used for this runner was a huge help and success for me in completing a Wedding Ring pattern. I used EZpatterns Double Wedding Ring Runner by Deborah Gansberger. I can now say I have accomplished the Wedding Ring pattern, and all thanks to this kit with excellent directions. Otherwise, I would have never attempted this pattern. The quilting was easy!

I'm still waiting on the day when the quilting is easy! :) It is a stunning table runner and don't sell your talents short.

Glenn 07-29-2013 01:33 PM

Vintagemotif, Very nice and love the quilting with the NVF.
Skip

cherrybsixty 07-29-2013 02:26 PM

Monica, this work is awesome.

cherrybsixty

BoJangles 07-30-2013 04:56 AM

Chris that wall hanging has one of my favorite color combinations - teal and purple! I love it! Very nice job, and yes you did a great job with the quilting!

Nancy

chris_quilts 07-30-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 6204705)
Chris that wall hanging has one of my favorite color combinations - teal and purple! I love it! Very nice job, and yes you did a great job with the quilting!

Nancy

That is IrishRose's wall hanging. Giving credit where credit is due. Wish I could say it was mine.

purplefiend 07-30-2013 09:20 AM

Monica,
Your table runner is beautiful! The colors awesome, the quilting is amazing. You've done very well indeed. :thumbup: Deciding how to quilt something is always the hardest part for me.

Irishrose,
I like your quilt, its pretty and done in my favorite color combination. I have made 2 pieced jackets in this combination.
Sharon

BoJangles 07-30-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6204968)
That is IrishRose's wall hanging. Giving credit where credit is due. Wish I could say it was mine.

Whooops! Well I still love it and yes I see Judy (Irishrose) made it! Judy I love it!

Nancy

irishrose 07-30-2013 04:21 PM

Gee, Nancy, too bad I have already given it to oldest daughter for her sewing room wall. She likes close quilting so I gave it try just for her. It wasn't my colors so it needed a home. Thank you, everyone. Such fun to see what your older ladies and my middle aged girl can do. The 301 is a '56, so she's a youngster on here.