Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

purplefiend 09-28-2015 05:03 PM

Crossstitcher,
You made a beautiful and fun Halloween table quilt. A blue ribbon too!
Sharon in Texas

sewbeadit 09-29-2015 05:23 PM

Love the blue ribbon quilts! Sharon I have a machine like yours in the same cabinet and I used to have your recliner too!lol. I haven't pieced a quilt on mine yet but it is running nicely. Got it a couple of months ago.

purplefiend 10-01-2015 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 7331476)
Love the blue ribbon quilts! Sharon I have a machine like yours in the same cabinet and I used to have your recliner too!lol. I haven't pieced a quilt on mine yet but it is running nicely. Got it a couple of months ago.

Sewbeadit,
It took me a bit of getting used the hand wheel going opposite of what I was used to. I really like sewing with the White Rotary, its a lovely machine. You have good tastes in machines and recliners. :D
Sharon in Texas

sewbeadit 10-08-2015 01:19 PM

Thanks Sharon, I always knew I had good taste.lol

Mrs Finch 10-18-2015 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bertie had to have his bobbin area cleaned and tension re-adjusted before we could get this done. I guess I left him alone too long. His Christmas bento box top is done. We threw some solid yellow in just to be different.

Windblown 10-18-2015 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Finch (Post 7349239)
Bertie had to have his bobbin area cleaned and tebento box nsion re-adjusted before we could get this done. I guess I left him alone too long. His Christmas bento box top is done. We threw some solid yellow in just to be different.

I like your bento box quilt! I just started my first one today piecing on my singer 301.

skypony 10-20-2015 03:03 AM

You can't beat an old sewing machine that has a treadle on it. Wow! that topper is so cool. I love it. I would love to see the pattern you used, but I think from how the star is made, you sewed some strips together, cut the squares into triangles, and arranged them accordingly, then sewed them together again. Lovely. I love to kinds of things that bring history to life. That is why I got into quilting to begin with.

HiDesertQuilter 11-14-2015 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535659[/ATTACH]
This is a string chevron quilt I made on my 1910 Singer 66 treadle. The strings are paper pieced. I tried doing them without the paper but could not get the right Chevron shape. After sewing the fabric into strips I then used the piece as you go method quilting each strip added, in the match stick pattern, before adding another strip. It was quite a handful but was so fun. I just love sewing on my treadle.

19cats 11-14-2015 10:47 AM

Beautiful quilt!

ThayerRags 11-14-2015 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter (Post 7376388)
This is a string chevron quilt I made on my 1910 Singer 66 treadle....

Excellent.

CD in Oklahoma