Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

cherrybsixty 08-28-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Because they are plastic! Not worth a hoot. lol

yeah and people think they are good just because they are new??? sure thing.

But, we know better, aren't we better with age?

LAB55 08-28-2011 01:06 PM

Beautiful !!! :thumbup:

jljack 08-29-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jljack
This is a quilt a friend of mine asked me to make for them, as they are redoing their bedroom. She picked and bought the fabrics. I started doing the piecing on my newer Brother machine, but it started having issues. So, I got out my Featherweight, and believe it or not, I pieced 80% of this 104"x99" quilt on the Featherweight. Then I put the binding on with my Miss Ida 301a. They both did a great job, and it felt so good sewing with them. I loved it!

Janice, That's a pretty quilt! Awesome that you pieced almost the entire quilt using a FW. Aren't you glad you had your ladies to help you out. There is something comforting about using these vintage beauties. You did a beautiful job with this quilt!

Thanks, Monica!!

jljack 08-29-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Because they are plastic! Not worth a hoot. lol

yeah and people think they are good just because they are new??? sure thing.

I used to think that, but not any more. I am soooo sold on the vintage/antique machines!

My next quilt project I am going to try to use my 66-1 in treadle to do the top. I am excited to try it!!

vintagemotif 09-04-2011 03:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More Sewing machines covers that can be draped over machines to keep the dust out. Very simple and quick to make, nothing difficult or time consuming.
This is just one side of the reversible cover that I decorated one area with buttons. From this one side of the sewing cover, there are two looks: a strip and solid print with buttons.
Machines used were Two Spools for piecing and Davis NVF for quilting.

vintagemotif 09-12-2011 07:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I made another baby quilt. I just love using this quick and fun pattern from Moda. Piecing was done with the Two Spools, quilting with a Singer 201, binding attached with Davis NVF, and decorative stitching with Singer 328K.

Lucky Lady 09-12-2011 07:43 AM

Nice work!!

Baby Catcher 09-12-2011 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All my sewing is dne on vintage machines. I piece on a singer featherweight and quilt on a singer 201. Recently I have been piecing on my singer 401 and my next quilt will be quilted on my voyager 17.

vintagemotif 09-12-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Baby Catcher
All my sewing is dne on vintage machines. I piece on a singer featherweight and quilt on a singer 201. Recently I have been piecing on my singer 401 and my next quilt will be quilted on my voyager 17.

I love your quilt! I'm so happy tho find others that like to quilt using vintage machines. It's fun to see other folks' projects!
Thanks for posting your pretty quilt.

Teacup 09-12-2011 05:49 PM

These projects are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm working on two vintage machines and hope to start my first sewing in a few weeks.