Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

BoJangles 10-13-2011 07:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my Halloween Patchability Scarecrow I made using my 1953 Featherweight (in class). I quilted this little quilt with decorative stitches/cams from my 1961 Rocketeer 500a, put the binding on using my 1886 Davis Vertical Feed, then finished the binding with my 1976 Pfaff 1222e.

Nancy

vintagemotif 10-13-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is my Halloween Patchability Scarecrow I made using my 1953 Featherweight (in class). I quilted this little quilt with decorative stitches/cams from my 1961 Rocketeer 500a, put the binding on using my 1886 Davis Vertical Feed, then finished the binding with my 1976 Pfaff 1222e.

Nancy

Nancy, Your Scarecrow is adorable!!!! Looks like that was a fun class theme.

BoJangles 10-13-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Nancy

Thank you Monica, it is really fun to do these little projects in between the queen/king size ones! I love doing Holiday things that can be put out then put away for a different theme!

Nancy

vintagemotif 10-13-2011 08:08 AM

Nancy

Thank you Monica, it is really fun to do these little projects in between the queen/king size ones! I love doing Holiday things that can be put out then put away for a different theme!

Nancy

I too enjoy the holiday table runners or toppers. I use them to decorate my dining room table. And it is nice to do a quick small project in between larger projects.

Crossstitcher 10-15-2011 11:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of my veterans quilts I have made using my "Vintage Ladies" one was a 1919 red eye for peicing and quilting then used a davis VF for the bindings. One quilt is a one piece and just quilted. The star quilt I got the idea from Irish Rose here on the board.

Crossstitcher 10-15-2011 11:04 AM

Nancy, I love your Halloween Patchability Scarecrow he is so cute.

purplefiend 10-15-2011 05:34 PM

Cross stitcher and Nancy,
I like your quilts. Thank you for sharing them with us.
:thumbup:

Bennett 10-15-2011 05:56 PM

Nancy--your scarecrow makes me smile, very cute.

Cross stitcher--very nice blue and yellow, that's one of my favorite color combos.

vintagemotif 10-15-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Here are two of my veterans quilts I have made using my "Vintage Ladies" one was a 1919 red eye for peicing and quilting then used a davis VF for the bindings. One quilt is a one piece and just quilted. The star quilt I got the idea from Irish Rose here on the board.

Trish, Very nice quilts! I like the idea of star motif for a veterans quilt. Do you often make quilts for the veterans?
It's a wonderful thank for their duty.

Crossstitcher 10-16-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

Trish, Very nice quilts! I like the idea of star motif for a veterans quilt. Do you often make quilts for the veterans?
It's a wonderful thank for their duty.

Yes I do make about 6 quilts a year for them and my quilt club makes them also. But the best part is we get to hand deliver all the quilts at the hospital. The veterans are so appreciative of them and we all get great hugs.