Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

vintagemotif 11-28-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 4730123)
I'll put a wall hanging over that hole, made by my then teenage DS; its got batting stuffed in it. It used be his bedroom, now houses my treadle machines.

Thanks for sharing. :) Glad you got the room for your treadles. The 201s are one of the best vintage machines!!!

vintagemotif 11-28-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by barbo117 (Post 4730251)
Since I got my Singer 301 I make all my quilts on it, just seems like they turn out so pretty and don't seem to have the problems that I had before I got her. That gentle purr just makies me want to sew and sew!! I have 4 other sewing machines but "Agie Pearl" is my "go to" girl. I think my mom, (her name was Agnes Pearl) who was a fabulous sewer/quilter is watching over me and Agie. Thanks mom!!!!!

Please post your quilts that you make with your 301 here on this thread. It's fun seeing the projects that others do using their vintage machines! Enjoy your Agie Pearl!!

irishrose 11-29-2011 05:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
AnnieRose, my 1956 301 has finished another. She has two more in the making now. Here is her Carpenter Star from last month.

Bennett 11-29-2011 05:13 PM

Great colors, and the quilting is nice and intricate! I'm not brave enough yet to try more than stippling or straight lines.

vintagemotif 11-30-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4734064)
AnnieRose, my 1956 301 has finished another. She has two more in the making now. Here is her Carpenter Star from last month.

I love your Carpenter Star and the color are gorgeous!

missgigglewings 12-01-2011 11:11 AM

Wow! That Carpenter star is beautiful and the quilting is awesome...I can only hope! I just did a bed-size quilt for my self and FMQ'ed the whole thing with the feed dogs up! Grrr...surpisingly, it still looks good!

vintagemotif 12-04-2011 03:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Five vintage machines went to work to help me make this quilt.
Piecing was done with Eldredge Two Spools and Singer 201.
Purple decorative stitching with Singer 328K in treadle.
Quilting and attaching binding with Davis NVF.
Decorative stitching to finish off binding with Singer 401A, the only electric machine used.
This was a "quilt as you go" project. Front of quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293198[/ATTACH]
Back of quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293199[/ATTACH]
Decorative stitch on binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293200[/ATTACH]

Muv 12-05-2011 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness - all those big quilts taking shape! I've been seriously sidetracked by the doll quilt swaps, all part of the learning process for when I do my first big quilt quilted at home. I am studying all your quilts for inspiration...

In the meantime, here is my second doll quilt for November, just the same as the last one but with the lights and darks reversed.

vintagemotif 12-05-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 4753185)
Oh my goodness - all those big quilts taking shape! I've been seriously sidetracked by the doll quilt swaps, all part of the learning process for when I do my first big quilt quilted at home. I am studying all your quilts for inspiration...

In the meantime, here is my second doll quilt for November, just the same as the last one but with the lights and darks reversed.

I love this doll quilt! Working with half square is always fun and interesting with the many ways the look of the arrangement takes. Plus, one can use up scraps and put together a quilt rather quickly, depending on the size of the half squares.

Bennett 12-05-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 4753185)

I can't believe you've only made doll quilts--they seem so much harder to me than larger quilts. On that scale, it seems any errors would show up much more! Beautiful work.

Vintagemotif: Very nice! A QAYG is on my to-do list. Did you piece the blocks and then quilt them to the backing and batting pieces? I've seen some that are more sew-and-flip, but yours doesn't look like that.