Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

BoJangles 10-01-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5551033)
Link from Legend of Zelda, my latest and last.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366457[/ATTACH]

Ok Monica, what do you mean "your latest and last?" Is that a person of some kind - some kind of a munchkin? It is cute! Who is Zelda?

Nancy

vintagemotif 10-01-2012 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nancy, That is my second quilt of Link, a lap size. My first quilt of Link is this wall quilt. Link is a character from the Legend of Zelda. Here is a wiki link for you to read on the history of this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

jennb 10-02-2012 04:40 PM

ahh I love the Link quilts! That was the first video game I ever "solved" from beginning to end!

purplefiend 10-04-2012 08:55 AM

Mr. Roboto

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished a twin size quilt on Friday. It's made from a kit for The Linus Connection's annual quilt/yarn blanket challenge. This year we got a kit of 4 fabrics from the "Mechanical Genius" line of fabrics by Mo Bedell, we could add up to 3 solid fabrics to our quilts. I added a teal blue,lime green and royal blue. I wanted to use the robot print so that I wouldn't have to cut it up too much. The blocks are 16", I named it; "Mr. Roboto". I pieced it on my electric and treadle Pfaffs, quilted it on the Viking Sapphire, using a King Tut thread (cairo) and a turquoise blue to match the solid on the back. In the photo the quilt is upside down, I didn't see that the bottom row(top in photo) was put in upside down. Oh well the child that receives this quilt will still love it.
Sharon W.

vintagemotif 10-04-2012 09:13 AM

Sharon, I love your Mr. Roboto! Nice pattern, colors, and robot fabric for a child. I like your binding too since it is a great way to use up the fabrics. Thanks for sharing with us.

grayhare 10-04-2012 09:31 AM

Purplefiend, Wow, your Mr. Roboto, quilt is so beautiful! I like the colors that you used!

Monica, Your Link quilt is beautiful! I like the quilting on it!!

My grandsons would love both of these quilts!! Perfect quilts for the boys.

Anamaria

SewExtremeSeams 10-04-2012 10:02 AM

BoJangles: your Christmas Twister Quilt is the most imaginative creation I have seen using the twister ruler. I love your border gold touched fabric and the bright Christmasy fabrics you selected. Way to go!

thepolyparrot 10-04-2012 10:42 AM

Love Mr. Roboto! :) And I love sewing on my treadles too - I think I'll drag one out, today and put her to work. :)

BoJangles 10-05-2012 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5561646)
I just finished a twin size quilt on Friday. It's made from a kit for The Linus Connection's annual quilt/yarn blanket challenge. This year we got a kit of 4 fabrics from the "Mechanical Genius" line of fabrics by Mo Bedell, we could add up to 3 solid fabrics to our quilts. I added a teal blue,lime green and royal blue. I wanted to use the robot print so that I wouldn't have to cut it up too much. The blocks are 16", I named it; "Mr. Roboto". I pieced it on my electric and treadle Pfaffs, quilted it on the Viking Sapphire, using a King Tut thread (cairo) and a turquoise blue to match the solid on the back. In the photo the quilt is upside down, I didn't see that the bottom row(top in photo) was put in upside down. Oh well the child that receives this quilt will still love it.
Sharon W.

Sharon, I love the quilt! The child that receives your quilt is going to absolutely love it! You did a great job!

nancy

earthwalker 10-05-2012 11:35 PM

Love "Mr Roboto"....and so will the lucky child that receives it. It will make perfect sense to the recipient to have that row turned....the robots will be right way up whichever end you look from:) Great colour choices too.