Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

chris_quilts 12-19-2013 09:23 PM

Sharon, Love the quilt. I agree with Vintage/Monica about the kaleidoscope comment.

Chris

nanna-up-north 12-20-2013 04:54 AM

Love it, Sharon. I really do think that scrappy quilts are the best. We all have scraps, too. It's the perfect thing to do with all those scraps.

I haven't worked on my treadle in a long time.... need to adjust the belt and just keep putting it off. I love the light set up you have for your treadle. Tell me more about that. Like, where did you find it? Is it hooked to your treadle somehow? It looks like the perfect set-up.

purplefiend 12-21-2013 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6465312)
Love it, Sharon. I really do think that scrappy quilts are the best. We all have scraps, too. It's the perfect thing to do with all those scraps.

I haven't worked on my treadle in a long time.... need to adjust the belt and just keep putting it off. I love the light set up you have for your treadle. Tell me more about that. Like, where did you find it? Is it hooked to your treadle somehow? It looks like the perfect set-up.

I had fun making the spiderweb quilt top. Lots of sewing that doesn't have to be exact and I can sew it on different machines, it'll still come out right; because its foundation pieced.
The light is from IKEA. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/ It sits behind my machine and has the long neck that makes it easy to put the light right where I want it. I bought 2 of them, may buy another one for the other treadle. I use it with my electric machines too.
In the picture of my Bernina, so you can see that you can use the little light with any machine.
Sharon

purplefiend 12-21-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6465104)
Sharon, Love the quilt. I agree with Vintage/Monica about the kaleidoscope comment.

Chris

Hi Chris!
How're you? I really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for the nice comment about my quilt top.

Hi Monica,
Thank you for the nice comment about my quilt top. I've never done the spiderweb quilt like this one, usually I use one fabric for all the kite shaped pieces. I just wanted to use up more of the larger scraps.
Sharon

chris_quilts 12-21-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6467707)
Hi Chris!
How're you? I really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for the nice comment about my quilt top. Sharon

Sharon, Am doing well and truly enjoyed our visit. It is cold here with freezing rain now and snow expected on top of the rain. Lovely weather!!
Chris

purplefiend 12-21-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6467785)
Sharon, Am doing well and truly enjoyed our visit. It is cold here with freezing rain now and snow expected on top of the rain. Lovely weather!!
Chris

It rained all night and 1/2 of the day, around 2pm today the sun came out. I'm so happy it doesn't often snow here. Stay safe and warm.
Sharon

chris_quilts 12-21-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6467894)
It rained all night and 1/2 of the day, around 2pm today the sun came out. I'm so happy it doesn't often snow here. Stay safe and warm. Sharon

We are trying to do that. Warm is challenging when walking the dogs but layers and Carhart helps.
Chris

nanna-up-north 12-23-2013 05:57 AM

Thanks for the info on the light, Sharon. I do have an old goosenecked lamp that needs a shade. It looks a lot like the one you have. I'll have to find a shade and I'll be in business. That looks like the perfect solution to the dark corner where the treadle sits.

We barely missed the freezing rain last night. Just north of us it was putting 1/4" of ice on everything.... power outages aren't fun this time of year. It's snowing right now.... pretty for the season but I'm glad I don't have to get out much in it...... one trip to the grocery and I'm all set for Christmas day.

purplefiend 12-24-2013 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6470330)
Thanks for the info on the light, Sharon. I do have an old goosenecked lamp that needs a shade. It looks a lot like the one you have. I'll have to find a shade and I'll be in business. That looks like the perfect solution to the dark corner where the treadle sits.

We barely missed the freezing rain last night. Just north of us it was putting 1/4" of ice on everything.... power outages aren't fun this time of year. It's snowing right now.... pretty for the season but I'm glad I don't have to get out much in it...... one trip to the grocery and I'm all set for Christmas day.

Glad to help, Jean. All of my treadles sit in bad lighting with shadows in all the wrong places. I think I've got everything I need for Christmas dinner. I'm making egg noodles today.
Sharon

chris_quilts 12-24-2013 02:18 PM

Making my pies right now and putting together the lasagna for tomorrow's dinner. All presents wrapped (I hope) but still need to do the stockings. That will wait til after the Christmas Eve church service.

Merry Christmas everybody!