Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

cizzors 02-14-2011 01:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I hope someone can help-even just a little bit :lol:

Just looking for any info on this machine. I've googled with zero results. Never had that happen before. TIA, Karen

Forgot the serial #! R 24NS-1352 A Modle B
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166217[/ATTACH]

kwendt 02-14-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Anyonre looking for a Singer 31-15 to do free motion quilting on, this is used by several of the folks on Treadleon. It is an industrial model.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/for/2213679380.html

Tomilu... this is a new one to me. There is one here in my area up for sale... I bypassed it. Hum.... do you know any pros/cons of it versus say... a 301 or a 15-91 or a 201 as far as piecing and FMQ goes? Should I go back and look at it? Thanks!

Oh... and Billy.... I'm sooo thankful you are alive and still kicking. Back 20 years ago, I plugged in a 66, hit the gas and blew the house main, fried my fingers. The only thing that saved me is that I was wearing sneakers at the time and standing. Like to scare me half to DEATH. Fused the outlet, melted the cover plate... fused the cord and melted the plug. I had it 'fixed' supposedly. A few weeks ago, I got the 'death machine' out again...and saw that the sewing machine person didn't rewire anything... he just stuck a new cord/plug on it and charged me $60.... that's robbery. Not happy with it at all. I'll be treadling that sucker once I find a treadle cabinet I like... that's cheap.

Glad you're still with us. And glad that your 15 tons of flammable, combustable, paint/lacquers/clear coats and stuff didn't go up! lol

vintagemotif 02-14-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors

Just looking for any info on this machine. I've googled with zero results. Never had that happen before. TIA, Karen

Could that be a Montgomery Wards machine? Looks like a National machine made for Wards.

Weedwoman 02-14-2011 01:43 PM

I have a Singer 306k that can be turned into a treadle. It used cams (mine came with 28 of them) It says you have to use a special needle for the machine but mine was retimed to use the reg 15x1 needles. It sews a beautiful stitch and we got it at a local thrift shop in a nice cabinet for $7.50. Such a bargain. Good luck on the hunt for one you can turn into a treadle.

vintagemotif 02-14-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
vintagemotif,
Your quilt is so pretty! I love using my 15-90 treadle for FMQ, it does a beautiful job.

Thank you! And thank you to everyone else too.
I agree with you that the stitches are very nice. I was surprised on my first try at how nicely the 15s work.

quilter711 02-14-2011 02:18 PM

I am looking to purchase a beige Singer 301. I have noticed that a few of these machines have discloration on the outside casing. Does anyone know if this can be removed by Billy's cleaning process? Someone told me that it was from thee machine being put in sunlight!
Thanks,
Nancy
Quilter711

Miz Johnny 02-14-2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors

Looks like a National Rotary from the 30's - 40's.

Jennifer22206 02-14-2011 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have joined the vintage machine club! My first vintage is my new treadle. Just got her today. I know she needs at least a belt and a bit of metal near the needleplate.

Just did some more research and I think it's a King Class, made between 1900-1920.
http://www.kelsew.info/Domestic/dome...lsnolinks.html They were copies of the Singer Model 27/127

This is the only one that has decals like mine.. but I could be wrong.

My new girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116323[/ATTACH]

This is the decal on the back. Just needs to be dusted off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118147[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 02-14-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I have a Singer 306k that can be turned into a treadle. It used cams (mine came with 28 of them) It says you have to use a special needle for the machine but mine was retimed to use the reg 15x1 needles. It sews a beautiful stitch and we got it at a local thrift shop in a nice cabinet for $7.50. Such a bargain. Good luck on the hunt for one you can turn into a treadle.

Did you get it retimed? I would prefer a machine that only uses 15x1 needles. That is such a great deal! Thanks, my machine is out there.

vintagemotif 02-14-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I have joined the vintage machine club! My first vintage is my new treadle. Just got her today. I know she needs at least a belt and a bit of metal near the needleplate.

Very pretty machine!