Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

QuiltnCowgirl 02-19-2011 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Eye Candy. Nice Damascus treadle.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2222508052.html

Very nice! Interesting cabinet.

BoJangles 02-19-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Has anyone seen this video? So cute and well done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnPC...eature=related

Monica that is the cutest video! Did you go to Brian's sewing room? He has some machines from Thrift stores, one he only paid $2 for. There are a lot of people who rescue old machines for sure!

Nancy

purplefiend 02-19-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Do I recall correctly that the 15's use the same bobbins as the Featherweight? If yes then I surmise the same low shank feet too? Hopefully yes because I have a Featherweight. Bobbins - check. Walking foot - check. Darning/hopping foot? Don't think so. Where are some of these easy to find feet? Oh - and needles - what ones does the 15-91 take?

No you can not put a 15 bobbin in a FW. The FW has a very skinny little bobbin. The 15 uses a very common bobbin that is much fatter. The only machine that I know of that uses the same bobbin as the FW is the 301 (I believe that is the case anyway).

But, yes the feet you use on your FW will fit the 15's. I just ordered a hopping/darning foot on-line. Do a search, they are very easy to find.

All the Schmetz 15x1 needles work on the 15 just like the FW.

I hope this helps.

Nancy

Thank you - this helps immensely! Now if I can just keep it straight in my brain once & for all! About the bobbins - would the ones you are talking about be the same as for my 403a? Those are fatter & definitely different from my Featherweight bobbins. And since these are the only 2 Singers I've owned I don't know what else is out there.

The 403a uses a class 66 bobbin, won't work with the 15.
The 15 uses a class 15 bobbin that is taller than the class 66 bobbin.

BoJangles 02-19-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
It is a Lotus. I wish I could post a picture but do not know how. The only way that I know how is in e-mail. Kathie

It is very easy. If you know how to put the picture into your computer, put it on your desktop. Then all you have to do is click on a "quote reply" from any one on here, delete the message already there, type your message, go down to Browse under the message and click on Browse, then go to your desktop and open the picture you want to post here. The little box on the left side of browse will show the picture address, you can write a description to the left of that, send! Your will have a picture appear here. Once you do it, you will see it is very easy.

Nancy

Lostn51 02-19-2011 07:23 AM

Billy, there is no way I could put a treadle in either of our bathrooms! The Hall of Treadles? What is that? You are so funny! Congratulations on your 1870's Domestic! I wish these old machines could talk - I bet we'd hear some pretty interesting stories!

Nancy

My house has a large hallway (both wide and long) and I have a row of treadles that go down it. Thats another reason for me to do the addition to my studio so I can clear the hall of the house and put them in my display/memorabilia room in the studio. My house is not over run by them but its stating to get where I can not find a spot for one to blend in now.

Billy

tomilu 02-19-2011 07:36 AM

[quote=BoJangles]

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Has anyone seen this video? So cute and well done!

Very well done!!!

QuiltnCowgirl 02-19-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Do I recall correctly that the 15's use the same bobbins as the Featherweight? If yes then I surmise the same low shank feet too? Hopefully yes because I have a Featherweight. Bobbins - check. Walking foot - check. Darning/hopping foot? Don't think so. Where are some of these easy to find feet? Oh - and needles - what ones does the 15-91 take?

No you can not put a 15 bobbin in a FW. The FW has a very skinny little bobbin. The 15 uses a very common bobbin that is much fatter. The only machine that I know of that uses the same bobbin as the FW is the 301 (I believe that is the case anyway).

But, yes the feet you use on your FW will fit the 15's. I just ordered a hopping/darning foot on-line. Do a search, they are very easy to find.

All the Schmetz 15x1 needles work on the 15 just like the FW.

I hope this helps.

Nancy

Thank you - this helps immensely! Now if I can just keep it straight in my brain once & for all! About the bobbins - would the ones you are talking about be the same as for my 403a? Those are fatter & definitely different from my Featherweight bobbins. And since these are the only 2 Singers I've owned I don't know what else is out there.

The 403a uses a class 66 bobbin, won't work with the 15.
The 15 uses a class 15 bobbin that is taller than the class 66 bobbin.

I'm learning something every day here. Love it! So I can file it away in my brain - what bobbin class is the Featherweight bobbin?

Lostn51 02-19-2011 08:23 AM

I'm learning something every day here. Love it! So I can file it away in my brain - what bobbin class is the Featherweight bobbin?

Its the same as a 301.

Billy

BoJangles 02-19-2011 08:25 AM

I have never heard of the FW bobbins by a class name. They are just called 221/222/301 bobbins or FW bobbins.

Nancy

Weedwoman 02-19-2011 08:49 AM

Billy, after DH removed all the decals from Elvira he gave her a coat of wax not knowing I wanted to put some decals on her. What do I do to remove the wax where I want to put decals on? And after the decals are on, how do I protect them? thanks, O B Won Kanobe of the sewing machine world.