Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Kathie S. 02-23-2011 07:20 PM

These are my new old ladies. Hopefully I did it right this time. If not please forgive. Kathie

Kathie S. 02-23-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
These are my new old ladies. Hopefully I did it right this time. If not please forgive. Kathie

I see it did not work. I just think that I will forget it. :(

BoJangles 02-23-2011 08:27 PM

Kathie are your pictures on your desktop or a folder you can easily get to on your computer? You need to put them on your desktop. Put your camera card in the computer, bring up your pictures, pick the ones you want to show us, click and drag them to your desktop or to any folder you can easily find. Once the pictures are on your desktop or in a folder on your computer, go to The Vintage Shop to bring up this group. Pick any message in the shop, click on "quote reply," or "reply" type your message, DO NOT SEND, under the message box where it has 3 lines and says "Browse," click on Browse, your windows explorer will appear, go to your desktop folder or whatever folder you put the pictures on and find one of the photos you want to appear here, pick that photo and click "open" at the bottom. Your photo address will appear in the little space next to browse. Go the the next "Browse" and click on it, same thing will happen, your desktop or folder will come up, pick the next photo, 'Open' it and the address for that photo will appear in the 2nd "browse" line. You can put little descriptions next to the file address in the longer line to the right on the address line. Don't "preview" or you will loose the photos - just hit send. It will take a minute, but your pictures will appear here.

Please try this, I think you will be amazed how easy it is.

Nancy

BoJangles 02-23-2011 08:34 PM

Yes, it is a Nikon camers. The program that I used is the one that came with the camera. Yes, you are right I am sure that Nancy could help me, but, I have asked so much of Nancy and I am afraid that when I go to class she will say oh no not you again. I have been such a pest, but than she is so good and knowledgeable. lol Kathie

Kathie I tried to explain on the last post, if you don't understand just call me tomorrow. I will walk you through getting those pretty ladies pictured here.

Nancy

vintagemotif 02-23-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by purplefiend
vintagemotif,
Those treadle irons look just like mine, they are for an Elgin treadle and made by the Free company.
My set powers my Singer 15-90 treadle, its got a top from a Singer coffin top(the original Singer irons had a bad pitman rod).
Sharon W.

Thank you! I thought so! I spent an hour trying to figure out those irons. The cabinet that goes with the Elgin and irons looks very pretty, a Mission look. The only problem is that an Elgin cabinet will not fit a Two Spools. I think it is the Damascus cabinet that will fit the National Two Spools.

The National Rotary is the same size as the Two Spool.

Thank you Miz Johnny!

vintagemotif 02-23-2011 09:07 PM

Don't worry, I have had to have my teenage son help me many times. I always ask him if he came with a manual the day I gave birth to him. :-) :roll:

Kathie S. 02-23-2011 09:14 PM

Don't worry, I have had to have my teenage son help me many times. I always ask him if he came with a manual the day I gave birth to him. :-) :roll:[/quote]

That is to funny. lol It is amazing how these children can work electrontics. I am at the point of saying forget it. But, I do want to learn so will keep on plugging and with Nancy's help I will get it. My head might get a little sore from her banging the infor into me. lol Kathie

cabbagepatchkid 02-24-2011 09:34 AM

That is to funny. lol It is amazing how these children can work electrontics. I am at the point of saying forget it. But, I do want to learn so will keep on plugging and with Nancy's help I will get it. My head might get a little sore from her banging the infor into me. lol Kathie

If you are using an iMac I can help you get your pictures on here. I can't remember how to do it with a Windows program, though.

BoJangles 02-24-2011 10:09 AM

Has anyone ever seen a machine like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Foley-Williams-1...item3f078d9cd5

I hope you all can see this round wooden machine! At that price we should get a few of them! LOL

Nancy

Kathie S. 02-24-2011 10:15 AM

If you are using an iMac I can help you get your pictures on here. I can't remember how to do it with a Windows program, though.[/quote]

I have windows xp.