Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I was anxious to finish my 1st quilt top on my treadle, so I didn't stop to look at a manual. I finished it in a day {the one in my avatar} and thought to myself, "surely there must be some way to regulate the stitch length!" So, I went online and downloaded a manual. I found out that the knob on the pillar { I had just told my husband that day I had no idea what in the world that does...it doesn't seem to change anything! So I just tightened it back up.} is the stitch length adjuster. Loosen it and it shortens the stitch length, tighten it and it lengthens the stitch length. I had the length set as long as it would go! The end of each row will have to be tacked, but the rest will just have to stay like it is. LOL

Well your avator looks like you finished more than the top? It is very pretty and looks quilted?

Nancy

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

I really like tarzan he is a wonderful little dog. I have a half chihuahua and poodle. She has poodle hair on a chihuahua body and her name is doodle bug. I like the quilt to. Glenn

Glenn that is so cute! I will remember that name in case we ever get another little dog!

Nancy

Elsie Blight 03-15-2011 03:41 PM

Hi
Is it possable to show me a picture of the machine you used for your binding l am trying to learn all these things a picture would help
Thank you for sharing
Elsie from Australia

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
One is a brown lotus. The others are red eyes. The one that has the side clamp is one of the red eyes. These two decals are my favorites.

Yes, I love the Lotus and the Redeye too!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Nancy, all my 66's are red eyes. Forgot to add that earlier.

Thank you!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Nancy, a beautiful quilt. Not sure how you get all the things done that you do. Glad all the machines get to contribute to the effort with what they are particularly good for. :) Awesome!

Thank you, my DH says if he tied me to a chair I'd probably have a heart attack. I just like to keep very busy - probably like most of the rest of you!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-15-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Hi
Is it possable to show me a picture of the machine you used for your binding l am trying to learn all these things a picture would help
Thank you for sharing
Elsie from Australia

Elsie if you are talking to Nancy, there are several Davis Vertical Feed Treadles pictured here! These treadles do not have feed dogs, they walk the fabric with the foot!

Mine page 474
Randa page 533
Trish page 519 & 585
Monica page 585 & 554
Tomilu page 593

Enjoy, Nancy

Anyone else here have a Davis VF not mentioned? Glenn don't you have one? What page are they on?

Elsie Blight 03-15-2011 04:03 PM

Thank you very much l have learn't some thing else
Elsie

Glenn 03-15-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Hi
Thank you for sharing
Elsie from Australia

Elsie if you are talking to Nancy, there are several Davis Vertical Feed Treadles pictured here! These treadles do not have feed dogs, they walk the fabric with the foot!

Mine page 474
Randa page 533
Trish page 519 & 585
Monica page 585 & 554
Tomilu page 593

Enjoy, Nancy

Anyone else here have a Davis VF not mentioned? Glenn don't you have one? What page are they on?

Nancy, I have a Davis but it is not a VF and it sews really great since you told me about the stitch regulator. Pics on page 347 and392. Glenn

BoJangles 03-15-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

Mine page 474
Randa page 533
Trish page 519 & 585
Monica page 585 & 554
Tomilu page 593

Enjoy, Nancy

Nancy, I have a Davis but it is not a VF and it sews really great since you told me about the stitch regulator. Pics on page 347 and392. Glenn

Glenn, I knew you had one, but didn't remember which one! Glad it is working!

Nancy