Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 03-19-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Anyone else notice if the non Singer treadles are quieter and smoother?

My other treadles (New Home, Domestic, Eldredge) are all quieter but I think that is because of the wooden pitman arms.

Billy

Lostn51 03-19-2011 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay as promised here is the 66 I painted yesterday. I did this machine for Donna (Rumbols) and it will be a hand crank.

It is a "Black Cherry" (base coat Black and a Red Pearl mid coat). In the light the pearl jumps out at you while the rest of the machine looks black. I shot a few bikes in this color and everyone loved them. In fact one bike took the "Best Paint" trophy home at a major indoor show.

Billy

Honchey 03-19-2011 01:55 PM

Very nice paint job, Billy--I like that color!, Anne

Lostn51 03-19-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Very nice paint job, Billy--I like that color!, Anne

Thanks Anne, this photo of it was taken in direct sunlight so you could see the Pearl really well. But normally it will look black until the light hits it just right.

Billy

sew wishful 03-19-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay as promised here is the 66 I painted yesterday. I did this machine for Donna (Rumbols) and it will be a hand crank.

It is a "Black Cherry" (base coat Black and a Red Pearl mid coat). In the light the pearl jumps out at you while the rest of the machine looks black. I shot a few bikes in this color and everyone loved them. In fact one bike took the "Best Paint" trophy home at a major indoor show.

Billy

Wowza, Billy! That one is the prettiest I've seen!! I can see why a Best Paint would be given. My son has a Harley and I know if he saw this he'd want a paint job! And he's in Tennessee! Now that I'm thinking about it...he's riding today to Memphis!

Glenn 03-19-2011 02:24 PM

Billy

Billy, that black cheery is the greatist color I have seen in a long time. What beautiful work!! Glenn

Rumbols 03-19-2011 02:46 PM

Billy, you did an awesome job. I like it :lol: :lol:
Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thank you, thank you.

vintagemotif 03-19-2011 02:52 PM

Billy

Very PRETTY! I love the color. You did a nice job!

Kitzone 03-19-2011 03:03 PM

Judy ~ Sounds like you put a lot of work into restoring your Necchi but well worth the efforts. I like the before and after pic's. It amazes me to see the difference. Good job and thank you for posting the pics.

Elsie ~ You're one lucky girl. Beautiful machines. I hoping someone will be as lucky when my family parts with my machines (after I pass!). I am glad they went to a good home!

Billy ~ Your paint jobs are so stunning. That is all I'm going to say... other then... You are one talented man!

Lastly, I found this quote the other day and thought of VSMS:

The sewing machine joins what the scissors have cut asunder, plus whatever else comes in its path. ~Mason Cooley

Judy

kwendt 03-19-2011 03:22 PM

Billy

billy... now you've done it. I cave. Can you do the same but with a hunter green or deep purple Pearl mid coat? 201-2? I'm pm'in you! lol...

Just got on the board today, and waded through 9 pages of great machine 'finds'! Wow... congrats to all those who picked up great machines.

Let's see...
Yes, get the Vesta...
Nice lotus decals on that 66-1 bclamp machine. And the cabinet is AWESOME.
Love that cool looking, Necchie (sp) machine with the fold down bed extension. I've been starting to read up on the Necchie's... there's been a bunch of Supernovas and such up for sale in my neck of the woods...

All of you... are the best, most addictive 'entertainment' I have. And I mean that as a compliment and with gratitude for all the advice, teaching/learning, and knowledge. We learn together!

oh, I'm making banana bread. Come on over, the coffee's 'on'!