Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

sew wishful 03-24-2011 05:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[quote=annesthreads][quote=annesthreads][quote=sew wishful]

Originally Posted by annesthreads

Originally Posted by sew wishful
You don't have a pic of your Mum's Husqy do you?? I have a Husqvarna, but not sure of it's date. I figure it's about mid 60's but would love to have a pic to compare it to.

OK, here are some pictures of the machine. Its model no. is 19E, and Mum thinks she bought it 1963, which seems about right.
Let me know if it helps!

Anne

This is my Husqy...Looks a lot like your mom's.

Automatic is the difference.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174483[/ATTACH]

While they look a lot a like...I think your mom's is older.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174492[/ATTACH]

tomilu 03-24-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by cedarvalleyquilts
What a neat thread! My husband and I love to collect antique machines too...treadles and hand cranks. We're up to 16 and almost out of room in the house. :)

I like the way you stack your machines for visibility. Must show DH as we are trying to figure out how to display ours in the new house. Very nice machines.

tomilu 03-24-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
Just in case anyone is looking. I don't know anything about it.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2280529656.html

That thing has been for sale for quite a while now. Just reposts every now and then, lol.

cabbagepatchkid 03-24-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Originally Posted by ssgramma
Help Please!

My 201-2 was sewing nicely until I just broke the needle. Now the handwheel is not working. Inner (is that the boss?) spins freely and makes the needle go up and down, outer portion moves the needle only a portion of the way. That is all by hand. Foot pedal just makes the wheel spin but needle is not going.

Does it not like either of the 2 new needles I just tried or is it something entirely different?

I haven't a clue and gave up to come here.

You may have part of the needle stuck in the bobbin case.
The needle flat goes to the left and threads from right to left.

When you broke the needle did you find ALL of it? I bought a 301 from Craigslist, really cheap. When I was cleaning the lint out of the bobbin area I found the teeniest, tiniest piece of a needle tip in among the lint. I wondered if that is why it was selling so cheap--maybe the seller couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I hope you find your solution, soon, so you can get back to sewing.

cabbagepatchkid 03-24-2011 06:06 PM

What a neat thread! My husband and I love to collect antique machines too...treadles and hand cranks. We're up to 16 and almost out of room in the house. :)

Welcome to the forum, cedarvalleyquilts!!:-D
I love your machines. I have a parlor cabinet just like the one in your picture. Did you refinish it or polish it with something? It looks so nice. Mine looks old and dry but I would love to make it as pretty as yours. I also like the way yours are displayed. Do you have more pictures of your other machines and how they are displayed?

Today I bought a Red Eye, from Craigslist, that had been converted to a hand crank. My other 2 red eyes are treadles. The one I bought today has it's decals in almost perfect shape. Can't wait to clean her up and get her sewing.

Kitzone 03-24-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Well since I am being such an enabler tonight I thought that anyone living in or around Frederick OK might be interested or know something about this place.

http://www.thayerrags.com/ThayerRagsMachines.htm

They have a number of sewing machines that could be cleaned, polished and put back into production. Or if you need parts it might be a good option. Please let us know if this is not a good resource.

Judy

Hey, that's my kind of hang out. Too bad I'm here and it's there. I do love mail order, and have bookmarked. Thanks.[/quote]

I received a very nice response from them in regard to the Pfaff 230 spool pin. They are restoring theirs, so also looking for another spool pin. I asked them about their no shipping policy, so we'll see.[/quote]

I received a very nice response back from them also. I ordered a spool pin and bobbins and I will let you know how it goes once I receive the items.
Judy

cherrybsixty 03-24-2011 06:41 PM

Welcome, to the VSMS, your ladies are gorgeous. I know you have more pics to share, please do. We know that you have knowledge to share of your ladies, also.

Grandmother23 03-24-2011 07:00 PM

Cedarvalleyquilts you sure have some pretty machines. Welcome aboard.

Kitzone 03-24-2011 07:00 PM

Anne and Randa I really like your Husqvarna's. If either of you find that you need to make more room for new SM's please let me know. I would be happy to adopt your husq's and promise to take good care of them :)

Welcome Cedarvalleyquilts!! Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful sewing machines. It is always nice to hear of hobbies that both DH and DW enjoy.

Cathy ~ I am kinda partial to Red Eyes. Can't wait to see your new beauty.

Lastly, a while back I needed to rewire one of my SM's. So on a dreary afternoon, I started the task ~ being careful to remember how each wire was removed from the 3 prong plug. In the middle of my repair work I got distracted and by the time I got back to business, my memmory wasn't recalling which wire went to which prong. Thank goodness for the internet...problem solved. Screwed everything back together and plugged her in. Pressed on the foot peddle and she ran like a champ. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I cleaned everything up and put the SM back in the sewing room. About 3 hours later I heard a sewing machine running for all she's worth. Needless to say it was the one that I had just "repaired"... Come to find out the wires were touching each other in the electrical plug. Funny thing, I never did any repairs to the electrical plug part.

Judy

BoJangles 03-24-2011 07:03 PM

Cedarvalleyquilts, Wow what a collection! The first one - from the back side - looks like a 128 with the Victorian Decals (it looks like the bobbin winder is high from my angle - not sure). The second one in the Parlor cabinet looks like a Redeye -- really nice cabinet and machine! Then you have a HC 28 -again with Victorian decals and 2 more Redeyes! Geeze, love them all!

Nancy