Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Kathie S. 04-01-2011 03:33 PM

I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie

luce321 04-01-2011 03:35 PM

Billy, your trip sounds spectacular, especially a visit to the Grand Canyon. That is one place that I really want to see. They tell me that pictures just cannot do it justice. You will have to tell us all about it when you return. I know you are not planning to leave till later in the summer, but hope you have a great time and be safe.

Lucy

luce321 04-01-2011 03:42 PM

Kathie, so very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, my heart goes out to you. It's never easy to get news like that, but I pray that your faith will sustain you and your family. Will remember all of you in my prayers.

Lucy

luce321 04-01-2011 03:54 PM

Purple, that is some nice machine. I love the color.

Kathie S. 04-01-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by luce321
Kathie, so very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, my heart goes out to you. It's never easy to get news like that, but I pray that your faith will sustain you and your family. Will remember all of you in my prayers.

Lucy

Thank you Lucy. Prayers are very much needed. It is all in God's hands. Kathie

BoJangles 04-01-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
your right Nancy! I just stuck my head in the cabinet (ewww, spider webs in my hair now!) ~ and these are two more pics...

That is so cool - see the little circle on the top? That is where the little Wilcox and Gibbs sits! Wow, now you are going to HAVE to find a Wilcox and Gibbs to put back on the cabinet! The last patent date 1870? Wow and Wow!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-01-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Lucy

Thank you Lucy. Prayers are very much needed. It is all in God's hands. Kathie

Kathie, so sorry to hear of your sister-in-law. You are right, it is out of our hands now. My Mother-in-law died of brain cancer. I know what you are all going through.

Nancy

BoJangles 04-01-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi all,

I did the Friday estate sale thing and found myself a nice featherweight 221 for $65.00. I spied the case in a pre-sale photo, but it was photographed laying on it's side. It's amazing how quickly you can "see" those familiar little "suitcases" once you know what to look for! :) It an early model from 1935-38. Came with all accessories, a decent case and tray (minus one latch)and manuals. Has a little decal wear, but fired right up when I plugged it in. I will clean it up some, and post a photo soon.

Just an aside, I also found a Vigorelli machine, unsure if it works, as the wiring was shot...lots of bare wires and potential for injury. The cabinet was cool...had the chair that slides in and looks like it's the front of the cabinet. They wanted $50.00 for it. I'm thinking about returning tomorrow. What do you guys think, should I go get it, and are these machines any good?

Thanks,
Jane

Jane, boy do some people have all the luck! I doubt I ever find a FW for that price! Oh well, it will be fun searching! Congratulations to you!

I know nothing about the Vigorelli.

Nancy

luce321 04-01-2011 04:23 PM

Can someone tell me where to find the tutorials for cleaning the machines. Thanks Lucy

BoJangles 04-01-2011 04:31 PM

Can someone tell me where to find the tutorials for cleaning the machines. Thanks Lucy

Lucy here is part 2. There is a part 1 and 3 also. Just do a search for tutuorials using the search engine on top of this page.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45983-1.htm

Nancy

Remember these are Billy's tutorials so when you do the search look for Lostn51 then put them under "My Bookmarks" to keep them for next time.