Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 04-01-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok you guys here is a machine I have been watching on our Craigslist for a couple months. He started out asking $450 and is coming down. I wish I could fit another treadle, I'd make an offer on this one!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2298417622.html

Nancy

Nice, but still too high.

sewbizgirl 04-01-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
ok, Billy or Nancy or anyone ~ got this cabinet today ~ can you tell me anything about her? Minus the machine, its made for a smaller-than-full-size machine... but what was inside the cabinet is what got me! And I think hubby can just build me a support plate that ANY machine can sit on, but still leave room for the treadle belt...

And the price was excellent on this ~ free :)

What a COOL cabinet... and FREE, yet. Oy, yoi, yoi... :thumbup:

sewbizgirl 04-01-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by RUSewing
Been having trouble posting, but

Thank those who answered my question about dropping the feed dogs on my red eye 66.

I'll have to look for another vintage Singer Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry

The 201-2 is a fabulous machine and the feed dogs drop on it... It even looks a lot like the 66 (shapewise) but minus the fancy decals.

Miz Johnny 04-01-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
ok, Billy or Nancy or anyone ~ got this cabinet today ~ can you tell me anything about her? Minus the machine, its made for a smaller-than-full-size machine... but what was inside the cabinet is what got me! And I think hubby can just build me a support plate that ANY machine can sit on, but still leave room for the treadle belt...

And the price was excellent on this ~ free :)

OMG--I guess several people have already told you, but that is a Willcox and Gibbs parlor cabinet!! I don't believe I've ever seen one like it!! DON'T modify it for any other machine!!!!!! I'm going back and stare at it for a while. . . .

melinda1962 04-01-2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie

I am sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I will be thinking of your family at this time; make the most of the time that you have.

AndiR 04-01-2011 07:05 PM

I was in a local antique shop today and saw a Wheeler & Wilson treadle machine with coffin top. Had an "8" on the front of the machine, serial # looked something like 563952. Belt was missing as was bobbin case but the wheel turned freely. It's not in the best shape, but kinda cute anyway ;-).

Is there somewhere I can find out more about this and what it should look like/what might be missing? (This table didn't have any drawers, should it?). They were asking $65 but I have no idea how much they usually go for.

lkwon 04-01-2011 07:07 PM

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who gave me feedback on the two Singers I was thinking of.

I ended up buying a nice 301 in a cabinet. The machine sews beautifully and the person I bought it from had a bunch of great accessories that I have to learn to use as well as her Mother's sewing exercise books - very cool!

Now that I'm convinced that this one's a keeper, I'll be putting that wonderful cleaning tutorial to good use. Poor little 301 - she sure needs a cleaning!

sewbizgirl 04-01-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie

Kathie, I am so sorry. I would be honored to pray for Verlene and her family.

Miz Johnny 04-01-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by AndiR
I was in a local antique shop today and saw a Wheeler & Wilson treadle machine with coffin top. Had an "8" on the front of the machine, serial # looked something like 563952. Belt was missing as was bobbin case but the wheel turned freely. It's not in the best shape, but kinda cute anyway ;-).

Is there somewhere I can find out more about this and what it should look like/what might be missing? (This table didn't have any drawers, should it?). They were asking $65 but I have no idea how much they usually go for.

One of the cool things about the WW 8 treadle is the two different sizes of flywheel. The belt shifts from one to another to change gear ration for sewing on different fabrics!! My treadle does have drawers on one side. I don't have any pictures of mine handy, but here's one online that shows a close-up of the head. If you look closely at the picture of the whole machine, you can see the double flywheel:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...05788735TOQLPN

Oops, had to change this--if bobbin case is not present, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of where to find one!!

fabric whisperer 04-01-2011 07:40 PM

MizJohnny & BoJangles ~ I looked at the pic on pg 695 ~ OMG I SAW one of those a couple weeks ago... cannot say where, because I am going to go back and see if its still there first thing in the morning. I will die if its still there. I showed the pic to hubby, and he said "We saw that, we thought it was a weird stapler" ~ I don't think I'm going to sleep tonite!