Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:11 PM

[quote=Damienvon3

Oh the 99 hand crank would be a hoot camping. Can you imagine how many people would stop and watch you in action, might even have a few volunteers to give you a rest. :thumbup:[/quote]

I've taken mine camping several times, but no one seemed to even pay attention. I think you have to actually know what a sewing machine LOOKS like to be interested!!

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
If you are going to attend a Ray White advanced seminar, those T&Ss are good to practice changing gears. It's fun to learn even if you don't plan on doing this type of repair very often.

Some things are fun to do ONCE. I changed the camstack in a Viking 6000 series and the motor pulley in a green Elna Super, both with Ray supervising. I have no plans to do either one again!! I am taking Ray's advanced class again this summer, so who knows what I'll come up with to work on??

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Damienvon3

You are lucky to have found the feet/accessories with yours, as they are very hard to come by. They have an unusual way of attachment--back clamping, but the top has a cross on it. I think I have two feet with mine; will probably never find any more to go with it. [/quote

Oh, that is good news then. I will try to get pictures of the feet that I have if you want. Just let me know.

That would be great!

Mizjohnny I have a few of the feet for your sewing machine I will send pic for you to look at and if you want them they are yours.

REALLY?? I'm excited!!

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:18 PM

Duplicate post

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Miz Johnny, I am going to start working on my Elna Supermatic. When I first got it I tried it, the motor did work but the needle barely moved. I'm suspecting that it's just gummed up from sitting for so long. I have to get a new folding knee controller. What should I do first to get it going? Thanks!!

If it's the old green Super and if it's really "growly", it will need a new motor pulley. That's not an easy job. Ray White walked me through replacing one, and I will never do it again. It's very time-consuming. If, however, it's just moving slow, try Tri-flow in all of the oil holes and running it until it loosens up.

okiepastor 04-13-2011 06:22 PM

If you are going to attend a Ray White advanced seminar, those T&Ss are good to practice changing gears. It's fun to learn even if you don't plan on doing this type of repair very often.

Some things are fun to do ONCE. I changed the camstack in a Viking 6000 series and the motor pulley in a green Elna Super, both with Ray supervising. I have no plans to do either one again!! I am taking Ray's advanced class again this summer, so who knows what I'll come up with to work on??

Miz Johnny---PLEASE do not scare Tomilu--she has my Viking 52 30 that I am pretty sure needs a camstack! :roll: :roll: :lol:

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:23 PM

Computer problems--another dup. post.

okiepastor 04-13-2011 06:23 PM

Miz Johnny---PLEASE do not scare Tomilu--she has my Viking 52 30 that I am pretty sure needs a camstack! :roll: :roll: :lol:

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Damienvon3

You are lucky to have found the feet/accessories with yours, as they are very hard to come by. They have an unusual way of attachment--back clamping, but the top has a cross on it. I think I have two feet with mine; will probably never find any more to go with it. [/quote

Oh, that is good news then. I will try to get pictures of the feet that I have if you want. Just let me know.

That would be great!

Mizjohnny I have a few of the feet for your sewing machine I will send pic for you to look at and if you want them they are yours.

I happen to have three of these attachments, two are hemmers and one is a braider

Awesome!! I would love to have them. I will PM you.

Miz Johnny 04-13-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by okiepastor

It can be done. The problem with mine was that once the camstack was replaced and needleswing set, etc., I discovered the reverse was gummed up. I never have gotten that machine to sew a decent decorative stitch!!