Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 05-30-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by shaverg
Oh Billy, I am so jealous. I want one of those little white/green/beige machines. One of these days. Right now still enjoying my little black featherweight I bought on ebay for $180. Really great little machine.

I think I am going to have to find me one now. I have just about fallen in love with the little fellow!!!

Billy

Charlee 05-30-2010 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another one is going to join the family of machines at my house!! :D

Now that the auctions are over, I have to tell you that another member told me about this one...but make sure that you check out shopgoodwill.com for good stuff! :D

Meet "Hester"!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76010[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 05-30-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by summerstorm
Machine on creigslist.

Back on page 100 I posted a pic of a machine I couldn't figure out what was written for the name of the machine. I thought it read with two L letters. Seeing the pic of the craigslist that you posted makes me wonder if it could be a L and the letter I, as in FRANKLIN? They are faint letters. Wish decals didn't wear off :roll:

The cabinet you showed is very nice. Did you buy it?

SewExtremeSeams 05-30-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Now that the auctions are over, I have to tell you that another member told me about this one...but make sure that you check out shopgoodwill.com for good stuff! :D

oooooh Charlee, nice!

Didn't know about shopgoodwill.com. Have thought about posting a craigslist ad for vintage machines. I bet there are tons lurking in closets, etc. just waiting for a new home. :thumbup: :thumbup:

CarrieAnne 05-30-2010 02:23 PM

Charlee, PRETTY NICE! Well, we took pictures on the digital camera, so I am waiting for Rob to see if he can put them on my computer! Silly guy is out mowing the lawn when we COULD be loading sewing machine pictures...yeesh!

Charlee 05-30-2010 02:26 PM

the *really* nice part is that I got the 1st Damascus for $6.00 plus $15 shipping...and this one is coming to me for $7 plus $14 shipping....so $42 got me these two machines that were originally sold by Montgomery Wards. :)

BKinCO 05-30-2010 02:26 PM

Ooohhh!!! Very swanky :)

Charlee 05-30-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

:lol: :lol: Only the best!! ;)

BKinCO 05-30-2010 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

:lol: :lol: Only the best!! ;)

But of course!!!! :) She's all swirly and filagree-y. VERY pretty!

SewExtremeSeams 05-30-2010 02:44 PM

the *really* nice part is that I got the 1st Damascus for $6.00 plus $15 shipping...and this one is coming to me for $7 plus $14 shipping....so $42 got me these two machines that were originally sold by Montgomery Wards. :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really nice part? How does that happen? I have been thinking I need to go to the Eastern side of the states to get REALLY good deals but I know you are in the West with me. I am flabbergasted :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think your term is 'drooooooooooooooool'. Congratulations! My hat is definitely off to you and all the rest of you who get those really, rreally good deals. :D