Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

no1jan 05-18-2010 02:52 PM

Deara...that is one beautiful machine! You are one lucky lady!

Lostn51 05-18-2010 03:08 PM

I love the 28 and the condition is remarkable!! How doe you guys keep coming up with these machines I will never know.

Thank you for the photos and who was suppose to be making the quilted bibs?!?

Billy

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2010 04:02 PM

Ouch! Keep us posted. I say this with a smile... please don't ask next time; BUY it! LOL You might still have been 3rd in line though. You can't beat the asking price.

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I know I wasn't supposed to be looking at CL this week. But look what I found. It seems like such a good deal. I have never seen a machine like this before.

What to do :?: :?: :?:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/fuo/1746391045.html

OH

Please hurry and buy it! The machine is just like the one I brought home from CL but the cabinet is to die for! And the price, please tell me you will buy it. :?:

I'm trying but am 3rd in line. I may know tomorrow if one of the other two don't buy it. Can't imagine that happening.
:shock:

:|

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2010 04:04 PM

WoW! Deara I LOVE your 1895 Singer Model 28K with a coffin top. Exquisite, especially the decals. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LovingIzabella 05-18-2010 04:05 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I am loving all of these machines. I thought I would share some pictures of my two Davis machines. (At least the Marathon is a David, believe the Loeser is too) I have not attempted to clean or do anything with these machines. I am waiting for Billy's tutes lol
Hugs
April

My first Davis a Marathon 3 with tree of life coffin case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69704[/ATTACH]

Marathon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69705[/ATTACH]

Marathon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69706[/ATTACH]

Marathon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69707[/ATTACH]

Marathon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69708[/ATTACH]

Loeser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69709[/ATTACH]

Loeser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69710[/ATTACH]

Loeser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69711[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2010 04:34 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh my... April, those are beautiful. I am running out of great adjectives to describe what I am seeing of the photos posted on here. WoW! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't remember who was going to make those bibs but he/she better hurry up and get them done. Maybe fancy toothpicks for holding my eyes open too. :shock: :shock:

LovingIzabella 05-18-2010 05:20 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh my... April, those are beautiful. I am running out of great adjectives to describe what I am seeing of the photos posted on here. WoW! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't remember who was going to make those bibs but he/she better hurry up and get them done. Maybe fancy toothpicks for holding my eyes open too. :shock: :shock:

Thanks Linda,
The best part is what I paid for them-$10 for the Marathon and $40 for the Loeser. I am going to get them all cleaned up and proudly displayed as soon as I have enough confidence in myself lol
Hugs
April

Lostn51 05-18-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Thanks Linda,
The best part is what I paid for them-$10 for the Marathon and $40 for the Loeser. I am going to get them all cleaned up and proudly displayed as soon as I have enough confidence in myself lol
Hugs
April

Oh for the love of Pete!! Ill double your money right now!!!!!

I love the "Tree of Life" design on the first case, definitely a Davis machine. I am like Linda I am running out of adjectives to describe what I am seeing. And where are those bibs!!!

Billy

lfw045 05-18-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I love the 28 and the condition is remarkable!! How doe you guys keep coming up with these machines I will never know.

Thank you for the photos and who was suppose to be making the quilted bibs?!?

Billy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lfw045 05-18-2010 06:11 PM

(wiping drool)I'll be at my Dad's this week will see what I can come up with for the drool bibs....lol!