Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 04-26-2010 03:22 PM

no1jan was looking for a bobbin winder, I found a site that might have one. [email protected] I do not know if the prices are fare or out of line. Billy can answer that for you. Iam always looking for parts. You never know when you might need one, my old machines are tough and really have never neede much. Glenn

Patty in Ks 04-26-2010 03:53 PM

Ok. I hope I am doing this right. I am a lurker, love quilts(have several old ones), but have a FW question. Where do I find the serial number for my machine? I know it is made befor 1954, my mom got it second hand and sewed on it all my life, then gave it to me. This question has probably been answered befor, but couldn't find answere.

Charlee 04-26-2010 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
Ok. I hope I am doing this right. I am a lurker, love quilts(have several old ones), but have a FW question. Where do I find the serial number for my machine? I know it is made befor 1954, my mom got it second hand and sewed on it all my life, then gave it to me. This question has probably been answered befor, but couldn't find answere.

Hi Patty! Welcome to the board! You're doing it just right, btw! :)

The serial number on your FW should be on the bottom of the machine, and should have two letters, followed by a series of numbers. On machines made in the US, the serial numbers all start with "A". On machines made in Kilbowie, Scotland, the serial numbers all start with the letter "E".

Hope this helps!

Charlee 04-26-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
This is a picture of the machine I just purchased this weekend. Near the post there is letters and numbers AF 307167. on the bottom of the sewing machine there is the number 16 and another set of numbers 32685

Deborah, according to your serial number, this machine is a Model 66, and that number was commisioned on August 27, 1939. :)

Patty in Ks 04-26-2010 04:58 PM

OK mine says AL207590. Where do I go to find out about my baby?

Lostn51 04-26-2010 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
My question is he says there are attachments. Would they fit my Model 66-2 treadle and what would be a good price to offer for them? I don't know what attachments they are just presser feet.

They will fit. Most of the low shank Singer attachments will fit all the low shank Singer machines machines. Ask to see a photo of the attachments and email it to me and I can give you a ball park figure as to what to offer.

Billy

Lostn51 04-26-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
OK mine says AL207590. Where do I go to find out about my baby?

Dec 12 1952 is the date it was allotted and 50,000 of them were in that run.

Billy

Patty in Ks 04-26-2010 05:12 PM

Thank you so much. Now I can tell my girls the date and do more than guess. Thanks again. Patty

summerstorm 04-26-2010 05:15 PM

Hi Billy,

Wonderful information, I have always enjoyed redoing furniture and cleaning old textiles. Can't wait to find an old machine to play with.

Sharon

no1jan 04-26-2010 05:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by no1jan
My question is he says there are attachments. Would they fit my Model 66-2 treadle and what would be a good price to offer for them? I don't know what attachments they are just presser feet.

They will fit. Most of the low shank Singer attachments will fit all the low shank Singer machines machines. Ask to see a photo of the attachments and email it to me and I can give you a ball park figure as to what to offer.

Billy

Well I told the guy I would buy the attachments for $30.00. The way the e-mail went I think the machine is also included, not really sure. I want the attachments.

Model 128 = Case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9928[/ATTACH]

Model 128 = bad shape
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9929[/ATTACH]