Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

grannysewer 07-02-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn

My flag flys every day. My SIL is a desert storm vet and we honor him this way. Bobbie

lee231 07-02-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
vintagemotif

This the photo of the bracket on the MW treddle that holds the drop down leaf. It hinges from the side of the drawers.

MW drop down leaf support
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219798[/ATTACH]

luce321 07-02-2011 10:14 AM

VintageMotif, she truly is a beauty and I can't believe 122 yrs old. I am so jealous.

luce321 07-02-2011 10:14 AM

VintageMotif, she truly is a beauty and I can't believe 122 yrs old. I am so jealous.

BLady 07-02-2011 10:14 AM

Where can I find a belt for my treadle machine?

chris_quilts 07-02-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
but no manual. She's a backclamp 66 though.

Hi Chris...I got a manual on ebay for the back clamp but no attachments, I think I found some on ebay. If you need instructions on which way the needle goes etc. let me know I can send you some copies...

Hi Linda, Thank you for your offer and yes please on the manual. Thank you. Will pm you me email addy. ~ Chris

missgigglewings 07-02-2011 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My little girl was delivered today...there is no owners manual, so can one of you collectors-in-the-know please tell me what this part is for. It fits in a hole in the front right corner of the bottom.

I need to buy a key too!

She was born August 1, 1921 in NJ. She's a Singer 128, not a featherweight. (a 3/4 machine)

Here she is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219867[/ATTACH]

Here's the part
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219868[/ATTACH]

quiltdoctor 07-02-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
My little girl was delivered today...there is no owners manual, so can one of you collectors-in-the-know please tell me what this part is for. It fits in a hole in the front right corner of the bottom.

I need to buy a key too!

She was born August 1, 1921 in NJ. She's a Singer 128, not a featherweight. (a 3/4 machine)

She is a beauty. That is the knee control lever (rather than having a foot pedal)

Texas Jan

Honchey 07-02-2011 01:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up a 1929 Singer 99 at a garage sale today. The bentwood case needs some TLC and it runs a little klinky..sounds like an old fashioned cash register. I cleaned out a ton of packed lint around and under the bobbin case and oiled her up...next is to clean her up.. I'm seriously thinking about turning her into a handcrank.. I'm wondering if I do that will I still be able to use the bentwood cover if I do that?

missgigglewings 07-02-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

I need to buy a key too!

She is a beauty. That is the knee control lever (rather than having a foot pedal)

Well.....DUH! Thanks Jan....she is a beauty and she only cost me $14.99 on e-bay...I have no idea why no one else placed a bid for her. I am happy about being the one and only...so she is my little girl!

Texas Jan