Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 07-02-2011 04:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Is this patriotic enough for you, Glenn? It is "semi" sewing related--the "bunting" is Daisy Kingdom panels from some years back. Unfortunately though, it was hemmed on a serger.

Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn

Here is mine for the fourth. Glenn

SewExtremeSeams 07-02-2011 04:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is my Jones and Company Fiddle Base Treadle. I bought it about a year ago and not sure I ever posted it. Anyway, I may be reposting but now I am keeping a log of which pages my machines are posted on. Oh, I will have to go post it in the section for photos only also. I will also have to relocate the serial number and age of my treadle. It needs a new belt so I have not sewn with it yet. I have been making a lace cloth for it on my more modern embroidery machine. I enjoy this machine sitting in my living room.

SewExtremeSeams 07-02-2011 04:38 PM

Is this patriotic enough for you, Glenn? It is "semi" sewing related--the "bunting" is Daisy Kingdom panels from some years back. Unfortunately though, it was hemmed on a serger.

I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn

Very nice and inviting Glenn.

Can we all come for a cup of southern iced tea?

Weedwoman 07-02-2011 04:39 PM

Glenn, I love your house and SewExtreme, I love your machine.

Glenn 07-02-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Very nice and enviting Glenn.

Can we all come for a cup of southern iced tea?

You are welcome anytime we always have ice tea!! Glenn

Glenn 07-02-2011 04:48 PM

Here is my Jones and Company Fiddle Base Treadle. I bought it about a year ago and not sure I ever posted it. Anyway, I may be reposting but now I am keeping a log of which pages my machines are posted on. Oh, I will have to go post it in the section for photos only also. I will also have to relocate the serial number and age of my treadle. It needs a new belt so I have not sewn with it yet. I have been making a lace cloth for it on my more modern embroidery machine. I enjoy this machine sitting in my living room.

I really like your machine it is beautiful. glenn

cabbagepatchkid 07-02-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.

Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.

Lucky you! You will love that machine! My favorite machine is my 15-88! Well, I shouldn't say that, as I love what ever machine I am using at the time I am using it! Like my horses I love whichever horse I am riding the most -- when I am riding that horse!

Nancy

Well, it is a 15-125, after all. I thought that she had advertised it wrong because it's black but all of the info, that I see on the internet about them, shows them as green. I guess I will have to dig a little bit more. Date of manufacture is June 1955. It really doesn't even look as if it's been used (decals are perfect) and the wiring is all in good condition. Along with it came a nice cabinet, some assorted attachments, 1 vintage pinking shears, vintage scissors, electric scissors, a Singer buttonholer in the dark green plastic box, a Singer zig zagger and a bunch of bobbins!!!!! All for $20.00. I still haven't seen the foot controller but I haven't had a really good look under the cabinet, yet.

SewExtremeSeams 07-02-2011 04:53 PM

Thank you. And, thank you for the invitation for tea. DH and I just had iced tea last night. I haven't been in Alabama fro more than 3 decades... ooooh, don't really want to count the years. LOL

Glenn 07-02-2011 04:56 PM

Thank you. And, thank you for the invitation for tea. DH and I just had iced tea last night. I haven't been in Alabama fro more than 3 decades... ooooh, don't really want to count the years. LOL

You can come back and visit anytime we will have iced tea and sometimes wine and cheese and sweet things to eat Glenn

SewExtremeSeams 07-02-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.

Well, I'm on my way, tomorrow for this model 15 for $20.00!!!!!!
I don't really know much about it but the people are moving and need it out of the house. It was being advertised as a different model but I recognized it.

Lucky you! You will love that machine! My favorite machine is my 15-88! Well, I shouldn't say that, as I love what ever machine I am using at the time I am using it! Like my horses I love whichever horse I am riding the most -- when I am riding that horse!

Nancy

Well, it's a 15-125. It's black but all of the info, that I see on the internet about them, shows them as green. I guess I will have to dig a little bit more. Date of manufacture is June 1955. It really doesn't even look as if it's been used (decals are perfect) and the wiring is all in good condition. Along with it came a nice cabinet, some assorted attachments, 1 vintage pinking shears, vintage scissors, electric scissors, a Singer buttonholer in the dark green plastic box, a Singer zig zagger and a bunch of bobbins!!!!! All for $20.00. I still haven't seen the foot controller but I haven't had a really good look under the cabinet, yet.

Wow, Cathy, you made out extremely well... Can I come shopping with you?

I have a Singer 15-91, is there much difference with the other 15-(88, 125, etc)?