Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 07-28-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
So, I bought a late 40's Domestic machine from shopgoodwill.com. No one else bid on it, and I got it for $5.50, and with shipping it was a little over $31.00. I took it to my 19 yo grandaughter last night, and she was EXCITED to get it!!! I wasn't sure she would appreciate it, but she LOVED it!! It came with a box full of attachments and the original book. It looks nearly brand new...probably hardly ever used, and the case looks the same. This was definately a WIN!! :-)

Janice, Nice Domestic! Enjoy!

Nancy

nickylsf 07-28-2011 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Christmas in July! I bought a Featherweight on eBay and it came today. It seems to be in mint condition, as is the case.

Charlee 07-28-2011 08:00 PM

Congrats Nicky! You're gonna LOVE her! :)

nickylsf 07-28-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Congrats Nicky! You're gonna LOVE her! :)

Thanks Charlee. I just have to try her out before I go to bed. I have been sewing since the age of 12, but I can't get this girl going. I start and the top thread breaks! Any ideas? I know it is threaded right, and the upper and lower tension seem about equal.

I bought it from SMR guy, and it was completely tuned.

Charlee 07-28-2011 08:42 PM

Check your threading again? Make sure that the needle is threaded from right to left, instead of left to right...also make sure the needle is in right...the "D" shape of the needle should match the "D" shape of the needle plate...

nickylsf 07-28-2011 08:45 PM

Check your threading again? Make sure that the needle is threaded from right to left, instead of left to right...also make sure the needle is in right...the "D" shape of the needle should match the "D" shape of the needle plate...

OMG, needle is in right but I am threading from L to R. One more try!!

nickylsf 07-28-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf

Ok, with the needle threaded from R to L, sews like a dream! Thanks Charlee. Now I will be able to sleep.

Charlee 07-28-2011 08:49 PM

Ok, with the needle threaded from R to L, sews like a dream! Thanks Charlee. Now I will be able to sleep.

:) Sweet dreams, M'friend!

nickylsf 07-28-2011 08:51 PM

:) Sweet dreams, M'friend![/quote]

You too, thanks again.

vintagemotif 07-28-2011 09:54 PM

That's a good way to remember which way the needle goes. Thanks for this tip!