Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Candace 07-31-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by buslady
You say "addiction" like it's a bad thing. LOL

Yes, if I had a shrink ray to make these machines smaller I could hide them easier!

You don't need a shrink ray Candace, you need MORE machines! That way the guys don't even notice a new one! :lol:

I like that thinking!!

miriam 07-31-2011 07:04 PM

Uh Duh, what is a eligible machine boss?

Charlee 07-31-2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

~laffin~ Someone who gets to boss machines around? ;)

What I meant was machines that are eligible for handcranks...all of mine have the boss under the handwheel...

miriam 07-31-2011 07:27 PM

yeah? I ain't laffin' there are some out here who won't figure it out that easy... I wants to know.

melinda1962 07-31-2011 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I have seen some pretty machines here lately. I like the singers (a redeye is on my wish list) but am drawn to the older non-singer electric ones. I guess it is because I learned to sew on a Wizard that my mom bought with her first paycheck in the fall of 1966, when I was four years old. I still have the machine and got it out and cleaned it up today, and it is still just as pretty as then. And sews like a dream. Go figure. My mom made most of my clothes on it, and when I was 8, I started making some of my own. I wound up with it and used it for all my maternity and baby clothes and bedding too. It was the machine I used when I started "taking in sewing," as we say here in LA. I saw one similar to it on craigslist and decided to clean it up today. It looks alright for its miles and age I think.

deplaylady 07-31-2011 07:50 PM

What I meant was machines that are eligible for handcranks...all of mine have the boss under the handwheel...

Okay - what's a boss? What am I looking for on that Minnesota?

lovelyl 07-31-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Well, I have seen some pretty machines here lately. I like the singers (a redeye is on my wish list) but am drawn to the older non-singer electric ones. I guess it is because I learned to sew on a Wizard that my mom bought with her first paycheck in the fall of 1966, when I was four years old. I still have the machine and got it out and cleaned it up today, and it is still just as pretty as then. And sews like a dream. Go figure. My mom made most of my clothes on it, and when I was 8, I started making some of my own. I wound up with it and used it for all my maternity and baby clothes and bedding too. It was the machine I used when I started "taking in sewing," as we say here in LA. I saw one similar to it on craigslist and decided to clean it up today. It looks alright for its miles and age I think.

Beautiful! Is that the original cabinet that it is in? Cool piece of family history! :-)

miriam 07-31-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady

I feel just about as stupid as the time my daughter told our friend her cat (stray wondered in) had tumors. (I knew nothing about the whole deal) The friend came right over, asked where the tumors were and my daughter lifted the cats tail and said right under there... male cat

melinda1962 07-31-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl

Originally Posted by melinda1962

Beautiful! Is that the original cabinet that it is in? Cool piece of family history! :-)

Yes it is. It is my favorite machine of all the ones I have. I was just admiring all the ones here and re-reading old posts and seeing folks reminiscing about their first machine, and had to clean that baby up.

melinda1962 07-31-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady

I feel just about as stupid as the time my daughter told our friend her cat (stray wondered in) had tumors. (I knew nothing about the whole deal) The friend came right over, asked where the tumors were and my daughter lifted the cats tail and said right under there... male cat

You just made my night. ROFLMAO