Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Gramof6 06-12-2010 07:52 AM

SewExtreme I cannot Thank You enough. I will most def. give this a try! I am going to order a couple of books on Featherweights but wanted to ask yall about the cases. And yes as soon as my DH gets home next week with the camera I will def. post pics. LOL This little "collecting thing" is addictive. LOL Thanks again so much. Will be reading more from this topic. I have soooooo much to learn!!!!! So much!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

purplefiend 06-12-2010 09:11 AM

Lisa,
Thank you for telling me what ya'll were looking at.
Sharon W.

Deara 06-12-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by Deara

We are making the journey tomorrow to pick up the Eldridge. I can hardly wait to bring her home. :D

Yeah......... Doing the happy dance with you Linda.
Safe travel friend.
Blessings to you,
Sandi

Thanks Sandi. After this machine I am going to quit looking for a month or so. My head is a spinnin' too much. Besides, I have a lot of cleaning to do. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I hear you, I hear you, I hear you. I have quite a few myself that need cleaning and caring for.

SewExtremeSeams 06-12-2010 10:42 AM

[quote=Deara][quote=SewExtreme]

We are making the journey tomorrow to pick up the Eldridge.

Thanks Sandi. After this machine I am going to quit looking for a month or so. My head is a spinnin' too much. Besides, I have a lot of cleaning to do. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I hear you, I hear you, I hear you. I have quite a few myself that need cleaning and caring for.

We're quite a pair. Did you get a count on machines yet? I haven't yet, but keep meaning to.

Blessings to you

:-D

Deara 06-12-2010 11:08 AM

[quote=SewExtreme][quote=Deara]

We are making the journey tomorrow to pick up the Eldridge.

We're quite a pair. Did you get a count on machines yet? I haven't yet, but keep meaning to.

Blessings to you

:-D

No not yet. Maybe after the storms roll through.
:shock:

cricket_iscute 06-12-2010 11:44 AM

Thanks Miz Johnny! That reference was very helpful.

Cricket

cricket_iscute 06-12-2010 11:48 AM

Kit, that shuttle carrier is for a Singer 128, which is a bit different. I would not buy it, myself.

On e-bay, there is a seller named Cindy Peters at Stitches-in-Time. E-mail her and she what she has to offer. She may have what you need. I have found her to be very reliable.

Cricket

dunster 06-12-2010 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am so excited. I was looking at craigslist in Orange County (I have a DD who lives there) and found this 201 in a Queen Anne cabinet with the matching stool. I sent email to my DD to see if she could follow through and pick it up for me. Next time we're down in California to visit our kids I will get it and bring it home, but for now it is in my DD's apt. The cabinet definitely needs work. I don't know what kind of condition the head is in, but I'm looking forward to restoring it, with help from all of you. It's a 1948 Singer model 201 from Elizabethport. And as a novice in vintage machines, I'm so proud of myself that I could identify it as a 201 from the picture on craigslist.

in DD's apt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84098[/ATTACH]

pic on craigslist
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84099[/ATTACH]

frostiedee 06-12-2010 02:02 PM

I am looking at two vintage machines. One is singer model # ak848053. If my information is right(?) it's a 221-1 for $25. The second machine ia New Home model # 2645363 or 2645868 couldn't rtell if they were 3 or 8s. Can anyone tell me nore about these or where to go to get more information?
Thanks Frostiedee

frostiedee 06-12-2010 02:03 PM

sorry about the spelling. Mind going faster than fingers.