Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

chris_quilts 08-26-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I have not seen the machine, but the owner tells me it is like this listing on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-WHEE...item2eb6de5986
He is asking 100, for it; way too expensive for me. Any thoughts or comments on this and these machines.

I paid $20 for mine but it's in a rough cabinet, all drawers are missing and it has just 1 presser foot. I was also the only caller for her CL ad which had been up for over a week. Owner cleaning out her parent's house. Charlee loves her W&W - maybe she'll chime in. At the very least try to negotiate with the current owner. It's a #9 which does happen to be the most common one around. HTH.

miriam 08-26-2011 04:02 PM

I brought home a Singer 404 today. It needs a LOT of clean up. The tension is solid rust and so is the bobbin area. I do have a 404 donor machine though so I think I can get it working. It does turn. Those 404s are totally under estimated these days. They are a really good machine for learning on. They have a drop in bobbin - no case to lose. The needle threads front to back (less chance of threading it wrong) The needle slants so you can see what you are doing - the light has a lens focused right on the needle. DGD has a 7th Birthday on the 3rd.... We shall see if DD will let DGD have my machine of choice for a 7 year old...

myreda 08-26-2011 04:34 PM

Bennett I tihnk you will really enjoy this machine. I have one with a kneebar too and I really enjoy sewing on it.

myreda 08-26-2011 04:37 PM

Sounds like fun Billy if you are feeling up to it. :-)

Lostn51 08-26-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by myreda
Sounds like fun Billy if you are feeling up to it. :-)

I will see after I get over this and how fast I get over it. I went in the living room and ironed the backing to my FIL's quilt and I am completely exhausted. I mean to the point of being light headed and passing out, this is not like me at all. I guess I am just going to try and go to bed early tonite maybe that will help me. Three hours sleep was not enough for me :roll:

Billy

Candace 08-26-2011 08:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

I'm very excited over my find!!

Kathie S. 08-26-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today.

Okay, what is a Penguin? Kathie

melinda1962 08-26-2011 09:08 PM

O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

Hope you get a pretty penny for it on ebay. Announce when you list it so anybody who wants one can be looking. It is fun to find the unusual!!!

Lostn51 08-26-2011 09:21 PM

That is a nice score indeed!

Billy

Candace 08-26-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today.

Okay, what is a Penguin? Kathie

I posted photos.... google it and #160741 to find out more:>