Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 10-21-2011 01:48 PM

WAH! The manual for the 319 from Ismac's didn't come up - goes blank. WAH! WAH! WAH!

OK it came up.
FINALLY.
Patience IS a virtue I have to work on...

Crossstitcher 10-21-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Hanging my head in absolute shame... I dragged home a couple sewing machines today.... One of them is pppppplastic. Oh for shame. It is a Genie. It is all there. I don't know why but it kind of spoke to me. Next I have to get it cleaned up & running I guess. What ever. plenty of time for that one. I found a PDF manual. Seems like it might be nice to haul around - not too bad for weight.

The other machine followed me home and we let it in the house... OH my! I've been watching FOREVER for a Singer 319. This one needs some TLC - it has a bad case of neglect. I need a manual for sure. I don't think I can figure it out with out one. WOW. I'm sure it is pretty under all that grunge. The table is
simply. drop. dead. beautiful. DH even admired this one. It had
a handful of attachments and yes the bobbin case is there. It
has a couple extra throat plates, too. I noticed it has an
internal belt and an external belt??? Wonder why? How hard is
it to get needles and bobbins?

I have a 319 and love it. It takes a 206X13 needle and different bobbin but they are not hard to find. Did you get the flat cams that come with it?

vintagemotif 10-21-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I'm picking up a set of straight leg Singer treadle irons tomorrow, it looks like its all there. My current Singer treadle like this is missing a bolt.

The irons are $15! :-D

http://austin.craigslist.org/atq/2609205647.html

Sharon W.

That's a great deal! Are you switching them out, or just swapping the bolt.

miriam 10-21-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

Hanging my head in absolute shame... I dragged home a couple sewing machines today.... One of them is pppppplastic. Oh for shame. It is a Genie. It is all there. I don't know why but it kind of spoke to me. Next I have to get it cleaned up & running I guess. What ever. plenty of time for that one. I found a PDF manual. Seems like it might be nice to haul around - not too bad for weight.

The other machine followed me home and we let it in the house... OH my! I've been watching FOREVER for a Singer 319. This one needs some TLC - it has a bad case of neglect. I need a manual for sure. I don't think I can figure it out with out one. WOW. I'm sure it is pretty under all that grunge. The table is

I have a 319 and love it. It takes a 206X13 needle and different bobbin but they are not hard to find. Did you get the flat cams that come with it?

I had a 4 cams laying around but no cams came with the machine - a couple attachments, bobbin case with a bobbin, the machine and a VERY nice table. The machine needs a bit of TLC. She needs a belt, bobbin winder tire, cords, bobbins, cams and who knows what else. I think under all the dirt she is green. I printed out a manual and as soon as the printer cools off I'm going to print out a service manual. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some pics and get to clean her up. The cords are the worst I've seen - Even DH is fascinated with the machine. Will a FW cord work?

Glenn 10-21-2011 03:20 PM

I have a 319 that I treadle and it is a wonderful machine. I have only one cam but have not looked for more guess I should find some for it. You will like the way it sews.
Glenn

Glenn 10-21-2011 03:22 PM

Yes you can treadle a 319 it fits in my red eye cabinet. I took off the motor and it was ready to go.
Glenn

miriam 10-21-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I have a 319 that I treadle and it is a wonderful machine. I have only one cam but have not looked for more guess I should find some for it. You will like the way it sews.
Glenn

I am figuring on working on it tomorrow. It needs a belt so I'll have to buy one somewhere. I think I have everything else it needs.

Crossstitcher 10-21-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

I had a 4 cams laying around but no cams came with the machine - a couple attachments, bobbin case with a bobbin, the machine and a VERY nice table. The machine needs a bit of TLC. She needs a belt, bobbin winder tire, cords, bobbins, cams and who knows what else. I think under all the dirt she is green. I printed out a manual and as soon as the printer cools off I'm going to print out a service manual. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some pics and get to clean her up. The cords are the worst I've seen - Even DH is fascinated with the machine. Will a FW cord work?

I can't remember if the FW cord will work or not. My machine is over in the sewing room and I will have to check. I know the foot peddle is wired into the machine then there is the other cord that looks like a FW cord but not sure if the prongs line up the same. If you have a FW or try your 301 and see.

Glenn 10-21-2011 03:35 PM

I find that it is fun to treadle a machine that can make many diff stitches and you will to.
Glenn

miriam 10-21-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I find that it is fun to treadle a machine that can make many diff stitches and you will to.
Glenn

I don't think I have a top it will fit for treadle - it is smaller than the 401G.