Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Charlee 10-08-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I am going to try and to make the ISMACS get together after talking to my wife tonite. She really wants to meet as many folks on here as she can and I want to say thank you to everyone that has supported me during this hard time. And I think Lisa (Quiltaddict) will be there and if that is so we are going to do some serious dumpster diving!!!

Billy

Billy have fun and let Lisa to the diving! So glad you are sounding much better!

Nancy

LMAO!! Yep...good advice Nancy!! Have a great time Billy!

valleyquiltermo 10-08-2011 08:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what my Moma deliverd to me today, It cost me $75.00 the machine is a 1938. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Monroe 10-08-2011 09:13 AM

Looks like you've got some work to do. Bet it will be pretty!

vintagemotif 10-08-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jljack

Have a question. Has anyone seen or own a Western Electric portable (wooden case) that is an electric two spools machine?? I have a friend wanting to sell one, but have no idea what it is worth. In really nice shape. Who made the 2 spool machines??

Texas Jan

2 spools? I have a 1917 Western Electric portable in a bentwood case, but it has a round bobbin. Western Electric machines were made by National, and only for 2 years 1917 and 1918. Then Graybar took the machines from National.

Yes the National Two Spools was badged for Western Electric.

If it has a "can" in the bobbin area that holds a spool then it is a Two Spools machine.

I have seen them sell as high as $650 on ebay, last year.

Keep it!!!! It's a great machine for piecing.

I don't own it yet, now knowing what it can be worth, I can't afford it. lol

Texas Jan

I picked up my first National Two Spools, just the machine, for $30 last year. This spring, I picked up the second one in parlor cabinet with the cute treadle feet for $150.

Just keep looking!!!

vintagemotif 10-08-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
This is what my Moma deliverd to me today, It cost me $75.00 the machine is a 1938. :thumbup: :thumbup:

That will be a very nice machine once it's cleaned. Great deal for the machine in a straight-leg cabinet.

Enjoy!!

Honchey 10-08-2011 10:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone familiar with these hinges!!!

miriam 10-08-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Anyone familiar with these hinges!!!

I've seen some.

quiltdoctor 10-08-2011 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
My "White" boat anchor. I was given this machine (head only) and told it was just about good enough to be a boat anchor. I've been doing some research on it and found out it is a 1904 White Family Rotary machine, a very early one before they started using the large "T-shirt" plate. The cabinet was thrown away,(before I knew about it) except this one piece of wood that is a "hand hole cover". I decided to just clean her up and leave her decals trashed, since she is a pretty rare old dame. More pictures when she is finished. Now she needs a cabinet.

Texas Jan

miriam 10-08-2011 10:46 AM

My "White" boat anchor. I was given this machine (head only) and told it was just about good enough to be a boat anchor. I've been doing some research on it and found out it is a 1904 White Family Rotary machine, a very early one before they started using the large "T-shirt" plate. The cabinet was thrown away,(before I knew about it) except this one piece of wood that is a "hand hole cover". I decided to just clean her up and leave her decals trashed, since she is a pretty rare old dame. More pictures when she is finished. Now she needs a cabinet.

Texas Jan

now there is a project.
I'm busy posting some slant-o-matic machines on Indy CL - discount for QBers.

Weedwoman 10-08-2011 11:44 AM

Went for a look at the Singer 9W but it just didn't ring my bell so I didn't get it. It's all there and most of the decals are ok except for the one on the base, it had a few attachments, some bobbins and the bobbin case was there also. If anybody is interested, PM me and I can tell you where it's located. The cabinet will take quite alot of work.