Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Honchey 06-21-2010 06:15 PM

Hi, Can someone explain to me what a Back clamp machine is?

Charlee 06-21-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi, Can someone explain to me what a Back clamp machine is?

If you look at that ruffler that Darcene posted, the way to attach it to the machine is at the back of the attachment, two prongs that slide up around a screw located at the back of the shank instead of on the side like most machines... :)

Lostn51 06-21-2010 06:34 PM

Crossstitcher that is a lovely family you have there!! I would love to run across another family just like it that needs a home!!

Billy

Honchey 06-21-2010 07:11 PM

thanks, Charlee

Lacelady 06-22-2010 05:49 AM

Cross stitcher I love it that you saved a whole family of machines! Where are you intending to put them all???

Billy, guess what, I found a UK supplier of Liquid Gold polish (pourable), so I have one on its way to me. Yeah!

Lostn51 06-22-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Billy, guess what, I found a UK supplier of Liquid Gold polish (pourable), so I have one on its way to me. Yeah!

Good going LaceLady!!!

I am doing the Happy Dance over here for you!!!

Billy

Lacelady 06-22-2010 05:54 AM

Thanks Billy, I will be able to give my old Seidel & Naumann a polish when it gets here. It's so frustrating not to be able to get all the stuff you have access to in the USA. Perhaps you should go into the supply business with a cleaning kit we could all purchase! LOL.

Quilt Mom 06-22-2010 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
This is a machine that I am bringing home next week. My DD and I found it at an antique store. We went back today to get pictures of it. It is only $95 for everything!! And the drawers are full of notion and attachments. I talked to the lady who was selling it. It belonged to her niece's grandmother and the niece didn't want it. My mouth almost hit the ground.

It is a Singer Teach and Sew, # AP 627028. It purrs like a kitten too!!

Looks like you hit the jackpot with this machine. I hope you enjoy using it. All those attachments! Wow!

Quilt Mom 06-22-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
How can you tell if a machine is just old or a Vintage Machine? How do you find out just how old it might be?

I do not know what to say about the difference between 'old' and 'vintage'. Maybe Charlee or Billy could give us a definition.

As to finding out the age of a particular machine, there are charts available for some machines on the internet. Singer has an extensive website. And there are others... Other board members have more info than I.

Charlee 06-22-2010 06:30 AM

Old? After 1980...altho that's on the edge of "Vintage".
Vintage? 1910 to 1980...because like it or not, it's NOT an antique until it's 100 years old...