Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jlhmnj 11-11-2011 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;4666617][ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

Ok Monica, here is a picture of the face plate. This machine threads very simply, but it appears to be missing the check spring too - if it ever had a check spring!

Jon, should it have a check spring on the tension? Do you or anyone else have the check spring, or the thread guide for the bobbin winder?

No check spring with these guys.
Jon

MisDixie 11-11-2011 11:43 AM

Scored!!! Just bought that little 99K!!! So excited!

vintagemotif 11-11-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 4666617)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

Ok Monica, here is a picture of the face plate. This machine threads very simply, but it appears to be missing the check spring too - if it ever had a check spring!

Jon, should it have a check spring on the tension? Do you or anyone else have the check spring, or the thread guide for the bobbin winder?

Ok I see why the slide plate, needle plate appears to be made by Davis, but they are not exactly like my Davis? With the consensous on here that this is a Davis machine - I am going with that!

To answer your questions on putting the bobbin in the 319w now that that machine is in a treadle. No problem, just remove the slide/needle plate like any other machine!

Nancy

To ad confusion to this machine, the manual that came with the machine - I know this is the correct manual for the machine - says, "Silent and Light Running." Didn't New Home use the "light Running" along with their grayhound as their logo?

Thank you Nancy for posting this picture. I did notice that you were missing the check spring, which was why I asked to see this view of the machine. I was wondering if there was more to the tension/guide path, like seen on other Davis and Nationals.

I would check with Cathy to see if she has something in one of her lockers full of goodies for that check spring.

Even though it would be nice to have the thread guide for the bobbin winder, it isn't necessary to have it to wind the bobbin. I always bypass using mine on all my machines that have this setup for winding the bobbins. I do this to get the thread wound more evenly across the bobbin pin.

Charlee 11-11-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4666584)
Well, actually, Charlee....the attachments are MINE, yes, ALL MINE!!!!:p:p:cool:

But...but...but.... I thought you loved me!!:confused: :(

:rolleyes::D

vintagemotif 11-11-2011 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=jlhmnj;4666811]

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 4666617)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286305[/ATTACH]

No check spring with these guys.
Jon

Since they didn't come with check springs, I wonder if they came with the bobbin winder guide. National Two Spools didn't come with a bobbin winder guide.

vintagemotif 11-11-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by MisDixie (Post 4666818)
Scored!!! Just bought that little 99K!!! So excited!

Congrats!!! You're going to love that little machine that weighs a ton.

vintagemotif 11-11-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady (Post 4666650)
Stopped by my favorite 2nd hand craft store and found a new attachment for my White FR treadle. I've never seen one before - it's kind of neat looking. It was only $2.95. It came with the original sales slip - $6.95 in August 1928. It's called a Stitch Master.

That looks fun to play with! Let us know how well it works.

jlhmnj 11-11-2011 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;4666863]

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 4666811)

Since they didn't come with check springs, I wonder if they came with the bobbin winder guide. National Two Spools didn't come with a bobbin winder guide.

This machine did, the spring for the winder guide arm is still attached. The arm is not essential to wind bobbins but a neat gizmo when it works properly and very annoying when it doesn't.
Jon

miriam 11-11-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady (Post 4666650)
Stopped by my favorite 2nd hand craft store and found a new attachment for my White FR treadle. I've never seen one before - it's kind of neat looking. It was only $2.95. It came with the original sales slip - $6.95 in August 1928. It's called a Stitch Master.

I have one of those - are there more instructions???

vintagemotif 11-11-2011 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nancy,

Here is a Hale's Crescent for sale down in LA: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...689641151.html
Does your cabinet and irons look like this? Those irons are Davis; they look just like mine. Drawer handles look like the ones on my Davis cabinet too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286419[/ATTACH]