Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

dunster 07-05-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone

Dunster, I am not sure I understand ...so forgive me if I am off base.

This sounds a little bizarre but can you operate the treadle with your hands and does that make the needle bar go?

When I tried my treadle for the first time, I had an issue with learning the rhythm ....which caused the treadle to "lock". I don't know if this is happening to you or not but worth mentioning.

Judy

When I turn the hand wheel the needle goes up and down, and the belt moves along with the hand wheel, and the treadle parts underneath move. I definitely need to learn the rhythm, but I'm not sure how to learn it. It does seem like things lock up, but just turning the hand wheel again will make it all move.

Up North 07-05-2010 05:55 PM

Does the wheel turn if you give it a little push? Your belt may be too loose.

dunster 07-05-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Does the wheel turn if you give it a little push? Your belt may be too loose.

Actually I went downstairs and tried moving the treadle with my hands. I couldn't, unless I gave the hand wheel a push. Then I tried turning the treadle wheel, and the belt just slipped around the hand wheel. Does that mean the belt is too loose? It seemed pretty tight when I put it on.

Up North 07-05-2010 06:02 PM

I don't think it has to be real tight if it was moving before it is just getting a rhythm going i would think. I have to often give the hand wheel a turn to get it going, Some practice and you will get it.

EC 07-05-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by raynhamquilter
I would like to show you what I'm up to but I don't know how to upload pics--where can I find this info? Thanks, Sharon

Go to pictures in the menu at the bottom of the page. The admin has instructions on how to post pictures.

Kitzone 07-05-2010 06:28 PM

Does any one have a good source for a Singer 66 foot pedal and bobbin cover plate.

Also need a check spring for a Singer 127.

dunster 07-05-2010 06:51 PM

I shortened my treadle belt yet again - and it works!!! I can treadle! Now to try it with thread and fabric.

It does make a banging noise, I think one per revolution, that maybe shouldn't be there. Anyone know if that should be happening?

raynhamquilter 07-05-2010 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have tried to send a few pictures but I don't see them here. I will try again. Sorry

raynhamquilter 07-05-2010 07:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I got one up I'll get this yet

raynhamquilter 07-05-2010 07:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Two up, 50 to go (LOL)

Can't get this out The fed dogs won't let me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81844[/ATTACH]