Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SewExtremeSeams 07-02-2010 04:24 PM

Wow, Crossstitcher, I love the color and look of your machine. Hmmm...

Kitzone 07-02-2010 04:59 PM

Note to self: Finish making that grooling towel :)

Today was a long and extremely trying day but seeing all the beautiful machines made it seem much better (knowing it was Friday helped too). Thanks for sharing your treasures.

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Holiday weekend.

Judy

raynhamquilter 07-02-2010 07:22 PM

Enjoyed catching up with you sewing machine buddies. Have a great 4th! Sharon

Lostn51 07-02-2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by raynhamquilter
Enjoyed catching up with you sewing machine buddies. Have a great 4th! Sharon

Yes everyone please have a safe and sound holiday weekend!!

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Billy

Katia 07-02-2010 08:45 PM

I just love your 301 ! I have one just like it here. I found a few feet for her on my trip, but still need a FMQ type foot. I did have a walking foot waiting when I got home.

I found probably five or six machines I wanted on my trip, but decided to get my sewing room reorganized so I have room for them.

Wine Woman 07-02-2010 08:56 PM

That would be wonderful if you do! When you get a chance to look please PM me and let me know. I'm hoping . . . .

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Any leads to find a plate for the back?

I might have one out in my studio if I do its yours!

Billy

Lostn51 07-02-2010 09:33 PM

I sure will!!

That would be wonderful if you do! When you get a chance to look please PM me and let me know. I'm hoping . . . .

Any leads to find a plate for the back?

I might have one out in my studio if I do its yours!

Billy

oldhag 07-03-2010 05:51 AM

I just acquired a Frister and Rossmann handcrank. I am having difficulty in finding out the age of this one. I can't find much info on these transverse shuttle machines. Anyone out there able to help? I could take a few pictures of her right now but she has been sitting in a dusty back room for decades in an old collectables store and she really needs some TLC.

BKinCO 07-03-2010 05:54 AM

Mine is a Dressmaker....and it's black.....but other than that it's just like this one :roll: .... sure do like that blue though!!!!

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Sue, That is a beautiful machine! Billy will pop on and tell you more. But looks like another "badged" machine from Japan.

Congratulations.

Lisa you are right again!! That is gorgeous and if I am correct I know a cute someone in Colorado has one real similar to that one. I made sure I wrote the stamped letters in my notes to try and figure this machines maker out. But it will be years from getting that nailed down I am afraid unless something opens up in my research.

Hey BK what is the name on your machine and does it have any markings like this one?

Billy

quilt addict 07-03-2010 06:35 AM

[quote=Lostn51 I made sure I wrote the stamped letters in my notes to try and figure this machines maker out. But it will be years from getting that nailed down I am afraid unless something opens up in my research.

Billy[/quote]

Billy, I go to Japan next week but will not have much time. But I also am going in September and will be in Tokyo and have a free day. If there is something I can do some research to help I think it would be great fun.

Lisa