Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 03-06-2012 04:08 PM

That's just plain wrong.

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5035251)
This one is for Miz Johnny.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317750[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 03-06-2012 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 5037167)
That's just plain wrong.

I'm hoping that the machine has been long gone and the cabinet wasn't worth saving.
I think this setup would look rather cute in a bathroom of a fabric/quilting store.

miriam 03-06-2012 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5037187)
I'm hoping that the machine has been long gone and the cabinet wasn't worth saving.
I think this setup would look rather cute in a bathroom of a fabric/quilting store.

It would cute in my bathroom too.

Miz Johnny 03-06-2012 04:24 PM

How did you get one of my machines?

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5034653)
I want to know that too. I have one that smells like somebody was smoking pot... :D

miriam 03-06-2012 04:28 PM

And it was from the best of neighborhoods, too...

jljack 03-06-2012 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 5031330)
Well, went up to Orange county for an alumni lunch so checked out the CL in the area. I managad to score a couple of okay machines.

First I think it is a 1891, VS2, serial #10610104 with Scrolls and Roses decals in very poor condition. The treadle table is okay but will need a few parts. I got this one for free so not complaining, it turns really smoothly. Wish there would of been some extra bobbins.

Second was a Franklin head with the egyptian looking beetles, seril #217954. There is rust on all the chrome parts and some of them the plating is coming off. It is very stiff and missing the face plate. Anyone know how to date the franklin machines?

Not a bad trip and had a good lunch and met some fellow former Nebraskans.

Nice finds, Lisa!!!

Charlee 03-06-2012 04:37 PM

Well...semi-productive day junkin'. Saw a 1898 VS2 with Tiffany decals...not in the best of shape, and the cabinet was thrashed...they wanted $50 for it....the redeeming feature would have been that it had the original manuals for both the machine and the puzzle box full of attachments. Spousal unit put his foot down and said no....I need to work on my pouting...it did me no good today! :(

I did manage to find something for Margie (the member, not the machine! :D ) She's been looking for New Home attachments for her treadle, and I found a set for her! :)

I also found a foot pedal for a Singer Rocketeer...anyone need one?

Also found a box of attachments that look like they're for a 7?? Touch and Sew...or at least that's what the plates look like....Don't need the needle plates...but there was a hopping foot in there! :)

Pretty much sums up my day... how was yours???

Charlee 03-06-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 5036886)
See what happens to you guys when I go away somewhere? You all are getting really rambunctuous!!! LOL

Glenn and Monica started it!! (He was showing her his drawers!!) And then Miriam was showing off her legs....

It wasn't MY fault!! Honest!!! :D

miriam 03-06-2012 04:48 PM

Well, I stopped at a GW while I was taking a break from work today. I spotted a sewing machine - it was over priced, the bobbin winder wasn't working, I almost itched to buy it.... NAH - I just don't like Touch 'n Sews..... If it would have been cheaper maybe - there was a monogrammer in a drawer. Nah - Let somebody else mess with that piece...

miriam 03-06-2012 04:50 PM

I haven't even had a good look at my legs... I should shoot a pic. I feel like the mouse in a bucket of water - just trying to keep my nose from going under......... Too much insanity around here for my liking.