Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 04-27-2012 09:32 AM

Kathy, Did you ever hear back from the person in Redding selling the Two Spools?

Charlee 04-27-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5174451)
Well, you're no help!:) I haven't room for this cabinet; plus, the drive costs money and time, which I don't have today. Oh, how I wish these machines wouldn't scream out to be rescued.

But I try!! :D

I want the two tone brown 201MK he shows on the blog!!

Crossstitcher 04-27-2012 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an early mother's day gift from my DH. "This is what he told me about the machine. It's a little BO Weevil came all the way from Texas just looking for a home." It has definetly found a home with me. She sew really good. Just had to oil and lub her and she was then looking for some cotton. (crazy moment here) I don't think she has been used much the decals are great. Will put more pic on the pic page later.

vintagemotif 04-27-2012 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5174512)
But I try!! :D

I want the two tone brown 201MK he shows on the blog!!

That is a handsome machine! I love his postings on veggies, sewing machines, and bicycles with motors.

BoJangles 04-27-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5174027)
Nancy, did you do what I suggested?

Candace, what did you suggest besides maybe a timing issue? I don't remember your post? I will go now and check the needle/hook ratio, but that looked fine to me when I checked already!

Cathy, I changed everything including thread spools. And, yes there is a felt pad under the thread spool. - not catching there. Cathy, I am going to try some more today, but can I bug you tomorrow sometime - I will bring the machine for you to look at - if you have the time? That is if I can't figure it out today without taking the machine apart - which I won't do on someone else's machine!

Nancy

vintagemotif 04-27-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5174532)
Here is an early mother's day gift from my DH. "This is what he told me about the machine. It's a little BO Weevil came all the way from Texas just looking for a home." It has definetly found a home with me. She sew really good. Just had to oil and lub her and she was then looking for some cotton. (crazy moment here) I don't think she has been used much the decals are great. Will put more pic on the pic page later.

That's a very nice Mother's Day gift! Lucky you!!!

Charlee 04-27-2012 11:04 AM

Well Happy Mother's Day Trish!! That's a sweet gift!! :)

BoJangles 04-27-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5174532)

Wow Trish, congratulations! Everyone should have a 301! I love mine, but I hate bragging about them - I am afraid now the price will go sky high; and, I want to find a long bed some day!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-27-2012 11:39 AM

Cathy and Candace I took the bed off the machine, plate off again - removed the feed dogs, checked the ratio of needle hook. It looks right to me. The eye of the needle comes by right when the hook can pick up the thread. I tweaked it a little, checked the screws - one screw appears to stick out further than the other one. There is a little tiny play in the assemby area but not much. Anyway, I put it mostly back together and now it stitches 90% of the time with no skips; but, out of 8 about 18" seams - I got 5 skips - so it is very sporadic now. Before it was skipping a lot - so whatever I have done has helped but not solved the problem!

Cathy, I hate to bug you when you are trying to move, but can you take a break and just look at it tomorrow? If not, I will give it back the way it is - which, is much better than before when it was skipping every few stitches! I will understand if you are too busy - I hate to even ask you right now.

Nancy

Candace 04-27-2012 11:52 AM

Nancy, if one screw was sticking out further than the other and there was play in the assembly, it is slightly out of time. By you tightening everything up, it probably got it closer to dead on and that's why the stitching is better. Why don't you try timing it yourself? In this case, I really would doubt you have to worry about anything other than the bobbin assembly as it sounds like it just came loose. This is the most simple of machines to do and it sounds like you only need to move the hook a hair and you'd nail it. You're not going to break anything and it will give you more experience. If you can do the 319, you can do a FW. If you can't get it right after giving it a go, then bring it to Cathy.