Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

nurseknitsLaura 05-19-2012 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here she is......the cutest 31-20 in the house![ATTACH=CONFIG]336499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]336500[/ATTACH]She has a funny little one toed foot. Haven't figured out what other feet I want, so am just using this one. It's a really nice treadler. Very smooth. Seem to always start in the right direction, too. The veneer on the top was destroyed and 80% gone, so I just pulled it off and sanded and stained the ply underneath. I put about 20 coats of shellac on, in the French polish way, and so the table is smooth enough to use and not too ugly. I could use new veneer, someday. Right now it is living in the dining room and I love it! Only downside is the table has not one single drawer. Have to figure out some way to keep the bobbins etc with it. Just thought I'd share! Laura

miriam 05-19-2012 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5229004)
Here she is......the cutest 31-20 in the house! She has a funny little one toed foot. Haven't figured out what other feet I want, so am just using this one. It's a really nice treadler. Very smooth. Seem to always start in the right direction, too. The veneer on the top was destroyed and 80% gone, so I just pulled it off and sanded and stained the ply underneath. I put about 20 coats of shellac on, in the French polish way, and so the table is smooth enough to use and not too ugly. I could use new veneer, someday. Right now it is living in the dining room and I love it! Only downside is the table has not one single drawer. Have to figure out some way to keep the bobbins etc with it. Just thought I'd share! Laura

I'm liking that one.

miriam 05-20-2012 06:47 AM

"She has a funny little one toed foot. Haven't figured out what other feet I want, so am just using this one."

Laura, is that a high shank foot? Other high shank feet may fit it. I have a Singer 241 and high shank attachments, bobbins and bobbin case from an ancient old Viking work with it.

melinda1962 05-20-2012 01:01 PM

Just wanted to share/brag a little. Our younger daughter received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree yesterday, and is now a full-fledged pharmacist. The univeristy here has a 6 year program that is tough, and it took the daughter 7 to complete it, but the deal is done. It is the same daughter who just got married. She is on the way to Atlanta for training with the company she signed with, and will be working about 40 miles from me, and moving back closer to home. Yippee!!!

Havplenty 05-20-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 5230470)
Just wanted to share/brag a little. Our younger daughter received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree yesterday, and is now a full-fledged pharmacist. The univeristy here has a 6 year program that is tough, and it took the daughter 7 to complete it, but the deal is done. It is the same daughter who just got married. She is on the way to Atlanta for training with the company she signed with, and will be working about 40 miles from me, and moving back closer to home. Yippee!!!

congratulations mom!!!!!! i do hope your daughter has a wonderful career and with all the aging baby boomers, she will have plenty of folks to serve.:)

Kathie S. 05-20-2012 01:10 PM

Melinda, congrats for your daughter. It sounds like it is time for a happy dance. :) Kathie

nurseknitsLaura 05-20-2012 01:12 PM

Yay! My husband finished pharmacy school last year, so I have an idea of the work load she's had. Hope she loves her new job! How fun that she will live nearby! Laura

melinda1962 05-20-2012 01:12 PM

Thank yall bunches. Happy dance for sure.

nurseknitsLaura 05-20-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5229699)
"She has a funny little one toed foot. Haven't figured out what other feet I want, so am just using this one."

Laura, is that a high shank foot? Other high shank feet may fit it. I have a Singer 241 and high shank attachments, bobbins and bobbin case from an ancient old Viking work with it.

Miriam- it is a high shank foot. Someone on the treadleon list sent me the part number for a spring loaded hopping foot, so I should be good to go when it arrives. The commercial sewing places expect you to know more about what you are ordering, I notice, and since I've never paid $35 for a foot, it made me nervous to order. As soon as I get it I will be reporting in! Laura

miriam 05-20-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5230507)
Miriam- it is a high shank foot. Someone on the treadleon list sent me the part number for a spring loaded hopping foot, so I should be good to go when it arrives. The commercial sewing places expect you to know more about what you are ordering, I notice, and since I've never paid $35 for a foot, it made me nervous to order. As soon as I get it I will be reporting in! Laura

I wonder if that same foot would work on the 241 that is setting in my shop. Please send part number...