Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

EC 07-25-2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I love the machine, but I need a LOT of practice sewing -- treadling is not easy!

Nancy

Just keep practicing, all of a sudden it will all fall into place and you'll be humming along.......

jackkip 07-25-2010 04:40 PM

you are smarter than the average bear, Billy. I hadn't even thought about the times period and what was popular. What would we do without you :lol:

EC 07-25-2010 04:41 PM

Best of luck "quilter guy". We'll all be waiting to hear from you. Will keep you in our prayers...

Lostn51 07-25-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
mlaceruby-I'm with you about their website. It sure isn't as easy as Singers. I'm at a loss-can anyone help me with information about my machine? Does anyone have one like this?

Billy are you there? . . . do you know about my machine? or where I can go to find out more info.

Here I am and I am clueless about the White sewing machines other that they are really well made. I am looking for information about the dating right now and I hope to find something soon.

Sorry I am not any help with this one.......

Billy

dunster 07-25-2010 06:02 PM

Nope, just meant the motor was added.

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Dunster, what do you mean electrified?! As in shocked? ...

Miz Johnny 07-25-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

Billy

It's beautiful, and I love the decal. It looks Celtic.

Dee 07-25-2010 06:12 PM

Love vintage machines. I will send a picture of mine when I can get it to work.

KatFish 07-25-2010 08:25 PM

I just want to thank all of you who have helped educate me about Vintage sewing machines. When I joined this board I didn't even know what a Feather Weight was. Now I not only know what one is, I own one. Also had to get a Singer 301, 500, 223, and 774. I also just had to have a pink Atlas and the really cute green Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Thanks for all you pictures and input about those vintage machines. And yes, my name is Kat, and I have a vintage sewing machine adiction. :-)

Lostn51 07-25-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
I just want to thank all of you who have helped educate me about Vintage sewing machines. When I joined this board I didn't even know what a Feather Weight was. Now I not only know what one is, I own one. Also had to get a Singer 301, 500, 223, and 774. I also just had to have a pink Atlas and the really cute green Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Thanks for all you pictures and input about those vintage machines. And yes, my name is Kat, and I have a vintage sewing machine adiction. :-)

Well at least your the first to admit it, heck I am still in denial LOL!! My wife came out to the studio and wanted to see what I was working on and I was showing her that machine I painted today and several of the customers machines I had on that side of the studio. And then she turned and looked at my wall unit and asked me "whose are those?" I told her they are mine and she started counting them and asked me why in the hell do I need so many sewing machines I told her because I like them. :lol: :lol:

No joke if you look at my studio right now there are dozens of sewing machines everywhere you turn LOL!! But I dont have an addiction they are all customers machines ;)

Billy

KatFish 07-25-2010 09:09 PM

If that's your storey, you'd better stick to it. :roll: