Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mizkaki 06-02-2013 02:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Grant,

The hand wheel flange came off easily. I used my two toe gear puller, a really neat tool.
Send me PM with your snail mail address, as it is now yours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]416838[/ATTACH]

Cathy

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6093602)
Grant,

I supected that the knob wasn't on at the time, but the picture of the center of
the knob looked like debris or scratched. So I asked.
I think I have a similar, if not the same machine on the parts shelf. I'll check
when I get home tomorrow. I'll try pulling the flange and see what it's secret is.
The flange is yours if I have it.

Cathy

J Miller 06-02-2013 04:47 PM

Skip,

Don't know why it's so expensive here. Perhaps because this is a very small place and there is only one machine / welding shop in the area. They have the market cornered.

I took them the large piece with two broken places and they quoted me $70.00 to weld the two places. I want it done, but haven't been able to put the money back for that yet.

As for schools, I'll check it out. But I doubt there's any that teach things around here other than rap, drugs, mugging, drive by shootings, and how to breed, claim welfare, wics, food stamps and pay for brand new Cadillacs. :mad:

Oh my, I'm being a bit sarcastic aren't I?

Joe

Glenn 06-02-2013 05:40 PM

No Joe you just sound a little frustrated. It is hard to find anyone to do such small jobs anymore without charging a fortune for the work
Skip

chris_quilts 06-02-2013 07:35 PM

How do you tell the difference between a 301 and a FW table? I bought one this weekend that is supposedly a FW table but I have my doubts.
Chris

Mizkaki 06-02-2013 07:44 PM

Chris,

Quick and easy answer? The skirt around the 221 table is black and rounded and the skirt around the 301 table is tan and with flat surface. And the leg color matches the skirt.
The 221 table also has a bump out on the right side of the cut out to fit around the plug.

Cathy

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6100475)
How do you tell the difference between a 301 and a FW table? I bought one this weekend that is supposedly a FW table but I have my doubts.
Chris

chris_quilts 06-02-2013 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6100495)
Chris,

Quick and easy answer? The skirt around the 221 table is black and rounded and the skirt around the 301 table is tan and with flat surface. And the leg color matches the skirt.
The 221 table also has a bump out on the right side of the cut out to fit around the plug.

Cathy

Cathy; thanks for the information. It is a FW table. Kind of sad about that but I'm okay too. I now have a table for Betsy and I'll just keep on looking for a 301 table. BTW: I paid $40 for the table ~ the cobwebs were free. :D:D

Mizkaki 06-02-2013 08:34 PM

Chris,

I should have clarified that the bump out on the 221 table that only shows when the cutout insert is removed. The bump out on the 301 table is seen on the insert.

Sorry if that caused you any confusion,
Cathy

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6100504)
Cathy; thanks for the information. It is a FW table. Kind of sad about that but I'm okay too. I now have a table for Betsy and I'll just keep on looking for a 301 table. BTW: I paid $40 for the table ~ the cobwebs were free. :D:D

frudemoo 06-03-2013 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Windblown (Post 6098017)
found this Aussie who soaks entire vintage car body parts for up 2 weeks in molasses and water solution.

... Those crazy Aussies! :P

grant15clone 06-03-2013 05:13 AM

I bet it makes the molasses taste funny.:D
~G~

Windblown 06-03-2013 09:05 AM

He has to wear gloves to take things out of the tank the had them in, and the top of the liquid has bubbly mold growing on it. Yuck! He said it's non toxic but smells so sweet he can't stand to get it on his skin. With all that sugar in it, it must be making some kind of alcohol, like Apple cider does.
But I say if he can do it non-toxic good on him:)