Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

grannysewer 06-26-2013 12:12 PM

I am not a hoarder either, but yesterday while looking for something else, I found a latch set that will fit on my FW case! I was getting ready to order one and my DD came over to work on her machine. I'm so glad she did! Now to get the case repaired so I can attach my "new" latch.

grant15clone 06-26-2013 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6144460)
Wait a minute..... I'm a home ec major...... I clean my machines!!

Nanna, No worries. I know that my home ec teacher used to maintain, or had the machines in class, maintained regularly too. But I also know Car Mechanics that don't maintain their own cars as often as they should too. I see a lot of people's machines that don't get the maintenance they need. I guess this is a good place to bring that to the attention of the people that don't know.
This is something I found today while working on a Pfaff 230. I would like to know what they thought when almost a bobbin's worth of thread "disappeared"...
This is worse than a "felt pad" under the footplate. They HAD to know better!
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421266[/ATTACH]

miriam 06-26-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6145167)
Nanna, No worries. I know that my home ec teacher used to maintain, or had the machines in class, maintained regularly too. But I also know Car Mechanics that don't maintain their own cars as often as they should too. I see a lot of people's machines that don't get the maintenance they need. I guess this is a good place to bring that to the attention of the people that don't know.
This is something I found today while working on a Pfaff 230. I would like to know what they thought when almost a bobbin's worth of thread "disappeared"...
~G~

Maybe it is why they parted company with the Pfaff...

grant15clone 06-26-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6145179)
Maybe it is why they parted company with the Pfaff...

Surprisingly, it ran fine. I didn't even suspect this. It does have a 1.3 amp motor though and shrugged this off. But whoever was there when it was sucking up thread like spaghetti, had to know something. Maybe you are right.
~G~

miriam 06-26-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6145210)
Surprisingly, it ran fine. I didn't even suspect this. It does have a 1.3 amp motor though and shrugged this off. But whoever was there when it was sucking up thread like spaghetti, had to know something. Maybe you are right.
~G~

probably traded it for a plastic wonder

miriam 06-26-2013 02:19 PM

http://peoria.craigslist.org/atq/3843107489.html
Hello Illinois!!!

mom-6 06-26-2013 03:28 PM

Good thing I don't live anywhere close!

BoJangles 06-26-2013 04:39 PM

Grant what an impressive collection of toy machines that lady has! It is hard to believe anyone could have 1,000 machines in their house even if they are TSM's! I have a friend who collects TSM's - I thought she has a lot at over 250 machines! I am going to have to show her the lady with 1,000 of them!

Nancy

BoJangles 06-26-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6145167)
~G~

Ya gotta love those vintage Pfaffs!

Nancy

Mizkaki 06-26-2013 04:55 PM

Nancy and Grant,

I had the pleasure of touring Faye's house during an ISMACS convention a few years ago. She and her husband are very gracious hosts. The whole house is solidly covered in collections. You should see the tool and machine collection in the lower level of the house. One room in the basement had the whole ceiling covered with hanging vintage and antique plumb bobs. TOOLS!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 6145549)
Grant what an impressive collection of toy machines that lady has! It is hard to believe anyone could have 1,000 machines in their house even if they are TSM's! I have a friend who collects TSM's - I thought she has a lot at over 250 machines! I am going to have to show her the lady with 1,000 of them!

Nancy