Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

redpurselady 10-11-2010 01:19 PM

You can download your manual here . . .
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

She sure is purty!!

Lostn51 10-11-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by BZ quilting

OMG! Look what I got at an auction yesterday for $2.00. YES I said 2 dollars!

Well, I cannot get my computer to co-operate with a picture. It is a 99K in a sewing cabinet.

Billy, can you help answer a question on how much and how often these old singers need their motors lubricated?

I also need to find a manual for her, she came bare, no attachments of any kind.

About once a year if used regularly a drop in the oil port and thats it. If you use it ever so often the you can wait 2 to 3 years between drops.

I cant believe you got it for $2!! I tell you what, I will double your money right now no questions asked!! :thumbup:

Billy

BZ quilting 10-11-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
You can download your manual here . . .
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

She sure is purty!!

Thanks, I am printing now. I am really happy with her, she looks like my featherweight.

BZ quilting 10-11-2010 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Well, I cannot get my computer to co-operate with a picture. It is a 99K in a sewing cabinet.

Billy, can you help answer a question on how much and how often these old singers need their motors lubricated?

I also need to find a manual for her, she came bare, no attachments of any kind.

LOL, I'm sorry but I already fell in love with her.

About once a year if used regularly a drop in the oil port and thats it. If you use it ever so often the you can wait 2 to 3 years between drops.

I cant believe you got it for $2!! I tell you what, I will double your money right now no questions asked!! :thumbup:

Billy

BZ quilting 10-11-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

LOL, I'm sorry but I already fell in love with her.

Billy

OOOPS I didn't scroll down all the way to answer, sorry.

buslady 10-11-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by buslady
can anyone tell me what a featherweeight in great shape is worth, siggn says its a 1951? i m using phone in bad area so cant really search. they want $350 but will take offers

Buslady, around here the FW's sell for $220 to $375. Most of the ones I see are selling for around $300, but we had an antique fair the other day and there was a guy with a FW for sale that said he'd take $220. So it just depends on who is buying and who is selling. I saw one today in a thrift store that had a price tag of $550. I don't think they will sell that machine; but it all depends on who is looking and how bad they want the machine.

Nancy

thank you Nancy. The one i saw was probobly worth the $350, and prob could have gotten for a little less, just couldn't afford to spend that much this week!! DRAT!! I did get a treadle that I will spend some time tomorrow looking up the info on it. Couldn't get it in my car to bring it home so next time someone is up there with a truck they will bring it home for me. I had to leave it at the cabin. Did take some pics though!

BoJangles 10-11-2010 05:00 PM

Wow, you luck lady, she looks exactly like my 1956, 99K in the same cabinet! She is the machine I use to mend with. I keep her in our bedroom. Those little 3/4 size machines are so great! I got mine for $10 and I thought I got a STEAL!

Nancy

BoJangles 10-11-2010 05:07 PM

Remember me telling you guys about a 1887 Wheeler & Wilson that was for sale on Craigslist, but the guy was in the VA hospital so I couldn't see the machine?

Well, I got it today. His mother brought it over from Portugal in the 70's. The cabinet is in excellent shape. The machine also looks great for being 123 years old. The cabinet is a coffin top.

It says "Wheeler & Wilson W9" on the machine. Miz Johnny or Billy does that mean it uses the same needles as my Singer 9W? The 127x1 needles or the Boye 18?

I will try and get a picture posted tomorrow.

Nancy

BoJangles 10-11-2010 05:10 PM

Also, I got the feed dogs dropped on my 15-88 and paid a visit to the old Singer Repair man. He sold me an applique' foot for the 15-88 --- it works great! I am so excited to actually try free motion quilting on that treadle! Now, if I just could get those Halloween costumes done so I can try the free motion quilting on my 15-88 treadle!

Nancy

Lostn51 10-11-2010 05:11 PM

Yep the same needles!! I am so glad to hear that you were able to get the machine, and it came all the way from Portugal? Sweet!!!

Billy