Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

suzieQ 10-23-2010 01:54 PM

HI LOSTN51 I WAS ALL EXIECIED WHEN YOU TOLD ME I HAD A FW BUT IGAVE YOU WRONG NUMBER THE RIGHT ONE IS A SINGER #AH605701 I SHOULD OF RUBBED OFF DIRT THE FIRST TIME SOOOOO WHAT HAVE IGOT IAM 85 AND NOT TO SWIFT SUZIEQ

purplefiend 10-23-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by suzieQ
HI LOSTN51 I WAS ALL EXIECIED WHEN YOU TOLD ME I HAD A FW BUT IGAVE YOU WRONG NUMBER THE RIGHT ONE IS A SINGER #AH605701 I SHOULD OF RUBBED OFF DIRT THE FIRST TIME SOOOOO WHAT HAVE IGOT IAM 85 AND NOT TO SWIFT SUZIEQ

SuzieQ,
According to the Singer site, you have a model 66. The order was commissioned in 1949.
Sharon W.

EC 10-23-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom

Originally Posted by EC
Just thought I'd share one of my birthday presents from my son, this Hand Pinker along with a Buttonhole Attachment.

That's something I have never seen before. Does it 'pink' the fabric edges - like pinking shears? Sounds interesting!

Yes, it pinks, and apparently there was a straight blade you could purchase separately for it also. Sure is easier on the hand than a pair of pinking shears!

It should clean up pretty well, at least I hope it will.

Mary M 10-23-2010 04:26 PM

How can you tell it is a 301? I was looking at a couple Singer yesterday and look somewhat like yours. Is there a serial no. or such to let me know? I don't rercall the light being on the front. I too need a light machine for taking to classes.

Singer

Originally Posted by Annaquilts

Originally Posted by loya99
I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.

301 straight stitch. I prefer this one over the Feather weight. It is light enough to take along but it is a full size machine. Very nice!

vintagemotif 10-23-2010 11:57 PM

For those in the LA area looking for machines or parts for their machines.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...019720069.html

Ann L 10-24-2010 02:50 AM

I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.

301 straight stitch. I prefer this one over the Feather weight. It is light enough to take along but it is a full size machine. Very nice!

Thanks for the feedback. I am still waiting to hear if they even still have it. Still showing on Craigslist, maybe they went away for the weekend? Hope that is all it is. I love your cabinet. I am a very retro person and anything old is good. Next weekend we get to clean out the OLD house of the great grandparents. Hope I can find a few treasures there. She liked to sew.

Ann L 10-24-2010 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mary M
How can you tell it is a 301? I was looking at a couple Singer yesterday and look somewhat like yours. Is there a serial no. or such to let me know? I don't rercall the light being on the front. I too need a light machine for taking to classes.

Singer

The 301 has a slanted shaft. Not straight up and down. Look at some of the response above this and there is a website or two that people gave me to check out. Very good information.

aardvarq 10-24-2010 05:30 AM

Anna,

This is the cabinet and machine I got from CL this summer while I couldn't cut and sew worth a darn. I did succeed in oiling the machine and wiping out the cabinet.

My machine is black. I am keeping my eye out for a second one for my sister.

I agree with Billy, they are not too heavy and can travel almost as well as a Featherweight. Plus, they have a handle in the top!

Aardie.

Lostn51 10-24-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
For those in the LA area looking for machines or parts for their machines.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...019720069.html

I sure wish I was there to look at all of that stuff. I need a few grub screws and a couple of parts machines in the worst sorta way.

Billy

Ann L 10-24-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Anna,

This is the cabinet and machine I got from CL this summer while I couldn't cut and sew worth a darn. I did succeed in oiling the machine and wiping out the cabinet.

My machine is black. I am keeping my eye out for a second one for my sister.

I agree with Billy, they are not too heavy and can travel almost as well as a Featherweight. Plus, they have a handle in the top!

Aardie.

I want everyone to know I got the 301! Thanks for the encouragement. I can't pick it up until I finish work but its all mine. now I hope it works!