Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 02-05-2011 01:08 PM

This was my final message from Alan and my time with the NB is apparently over. :mrgreen: The funny part is I think this is supposed to hurt my feelings or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried to give him some constructive criticism and even tried to smooth it over by compromising but they were so ashamed that I tarnished the site on the web for everyone to see. All I did was quote what he said directly and things that we have heard throughout the years there. Basically I reinforced everyone's perception of what the attitude of the Needlebar is like.

But this is his opinion of this site, our Shop, and members over here including me. Honestly do you really want to be a part of this dictatorship?

I think it is time to pull down the curtain on "The Billy Show" in the NeedleBar. Let him perform his egotistical antics elsewhere for those gullible enough to listen to his manipulative bullshit.

So Billy, now you can go over to the other forum where you can paint yourself as "Saint Billy", soothe your giant ego and tell them all about the injustices meted out to you by the evil Alan Quinn in his NeedleBar lair.

Someone over here forwarded the other quotes that I made about the site to him so I imagine that they will do the same thing about this one. And you know what I could care less and I am sticking by my guns on this one.....

This is OUR shop and we are all family here and the welcome mat is always out! Plus its not like an old stuffy museum, we like to use our machines like we stole them!! :P

Oh by the way I have a fresh pot of coffee on and my wife baked a couple of her famous chocolate pies!!!

Billy

Lostn51 02-05-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
After restraining myself from bidding on a 201-2 on eBay I found one on Craigslist, last night!! I went to pick it up this morning. It was $75 and it came in a #71 Singer cabinet!!

Not sure how much it weighs but man oh man----it's HEAVY!!

Oh she be purty!!!!

Nice score indeed just make sure to put a tarp over it!!! :P

Billy

cabbagepatchkid 02-05-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
After restraining myself from bidding on a 201-2 on eBay I found one on Craigslist, last night!! I went to pick it up this morning. It was $75 and it came in a #71 Singer cabinet!!

Not sure how much it weighs but man oh man----it's HEAVY!!

Oh she be purty!!!!

Nice score indeed just make sure to put a tarp over it!!! :P

Billy

My vintage ladies are NO where near my ceiling leaks!!! :shock:

BTW Billy....we are very happy to have you running the VSMS over here!! :thumbup:

Kathie S. 02-05-2011 01:57 PM

Cathy that is a beautiful machine. Kathie

kwendt 02-05-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2196572459.html

I'm just curious about this machine & the price tag.
Any comments?

Minni ha ha???? for real?

kwendt 02-05-2011 02:09 PM

[quote=Glenn]

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by kwendt

Originally Posted by Glenn
Okay guys... what about Tung oil. Yes? No?

I used Formby's Tung Oil high gloss finish on my cabinets. I like the look. You can also use 100% Tung Oil that Lee Valley sells. I use that on my kitchen wooden counter top, works well.

I get a lot of my stains and shellac from Lee Valley, I do not like Formby's and I really do not tung oil. It must be reaplied every year or so to keep the furniture looking good. Shellac provides a much better moisture barrier than tung oil. I do nodt think tung oil is bad I just think shellac is a better finish. Glenn

Hum... okay. I guess it's a personal thing.. but if the one is a better moisture barrier, then that's a reasonable reason for me to choose that over the other. Meanwhile, when I got home this afternoon, one of the cats had thrown up on top of teak entertainment center. Can we say... nasty mess/nasty spot? <sigh> Tonight, I'll be fixing that. I love my cats, I love my cats, I'm not in Kansas anymore... I love my cats, I....

kwendt 02-05-2011 02:11 PM

Cathy, Great looking 201! NIIIIICE!!!! Great price and great looking cabinet and machine. Whoo hoooo! You go!

luv2learn 02-05-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy, I am sorry to be a pest about the sticky/tacky on my machine (page 644), But, is the answer to continue cleaning the areas that are sticky until they are no longer sticky, or STOP cleaning? Thanx, luv2learn

When I started cleaning my Free treadle, actually most of my treadles - they get sticky/tacky because you took off the dust which made them feel kinda grainy. After the last coat of built up gunk - grainy - comes off from sitting for years and years, you get to the sticky gunk. Just keep cleaning with clean cotton balls. I go through a big bag of cotton balls -- don't use the dirty ones again! You will eventually get through the sticky stuff too to a nice slick shine. Go around the decals, clean them very lightly if at all! Do this all very gently taking your time - don't rub hard! If it looks like the original finish is coming off down to metal stop! This process takes days. Do a little section at a time. I even use Q-tips to go around the decals! I have been cleaning with Blue Magic TR 3 Resin Glaze, which really brings the shine out, but very slow going!

Nancy

Nancy, thanx so much. . . I did have another cleaning session around 3:00 a.m. and it did look much better in the daylight later today. . . I've just finished another session and your right! I think we begineers are just so anxious to see the machine clean, then we get scared half way through when something DOES begin to change. . . I get more excited each day!! This is such fun and everyone is so wonderful and it's like seeing a sewing machine parade every day! Love, love, love it!

luv2learn 02-05-2011 02:51 PM

Heck, it would be fun to go to that just for the floor show!

Donna Mare 02-05-2011 02:59 PM

Billy, He is an ......... and here you enjoy your time. We enjoy you too... Sounds like so much for bad rubbish with him.
Always glad to see you online here.