Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

purplefiend 06-04-2013 02:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,
My 1947 Singer Featherweight came home from Arkansas today, her new "dress" is dark metal flake purple; even the foot control is purple. :l) Gerald Holmes painted it, its beautiful!
Sharon Weaver

SteveH 06-04-2013 03:42 PM

maybe it is my monitor, but the second pic make it look almost black....

Glenn 06-04-2013 05:54 PM

Sharon, I like the color-very nice
Skip

frudemoo 06-04-2013 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6104111)
Hi Everyone,
My 1947 Singer Featherweight came home from Arkansas today, her new "dress" is dark metal flake purple

Looks gorgeous Sharon. I really like the colours when they're darker, as it seems more at home on a machine that's originally black. I also think the pale pastels look beautiful too as they look like they could have been original. I'm still getting used to the Featherweights I've seen that are mid-tone brights... although I firmly believe you should do whatever makes you happy! Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of her makeover :)

pennycandy 06-04-2013 11:35 PM

Nice color choice Sharon!

from a fellow purple lover

SteveH 06-05-2013 08:15 AM

Ok, So I showed this to my DD last night and she said I was blind.... I'm still blaming my work monitor... It is really beautiful.

purplefiend 06-05-2013 08:26 AM

It's a very dark purple, it was hard to photograph, the second picture is more true in color. I finally have my purple featherweight. I love using my featherweights to piece quilts. I bought my first one in 1998. :D

MadCow333 06-05-2013 12:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Painted FW: I like. Now I want one, lol. Maybe not a FW but a customized something. Maybe a 66.

Here's a Singer 66 Lotus that I found lurking at the local historical society. As usual, the bobbin cover plate and the faceplate have left the building. Bobbin winder, too.

And a National electric that is sitting in a treadle cabinet that originally belonged to a Free or something.

Windblown 06-05-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6105451)
It's a very dark purple, it was hard to photograph, the second picture is more true in color. I finally have my purple featherweight. I love using my featherweights to piece quilts. I bought my first one in 1998. :D

Beautiful paint job, it has a lot of depth and so many colors of purple in it.:cool:

vanginney 06-06-2013 08:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Love the purple! I would like to do that to a FW but I would need more that one before I would take the plunge. I just finished cleaning up two baby blue sewing machines...o natural :) Here are the pics. The white took a whole bottle of WD40 and i eventually had to lightly scrub the caked on oil with steel wool. Nothing else worked!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417454[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417453[/ATTACH]