Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1884

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Oneday, I like that you recycle jeans by making them into quilts. Jean quilts can be heavy. I like your pickles too.

Nanna, That's a pretty quilt. Well worth getting it finished. The quilting for each large block looks like it would take some time since the quilting lines go in different directions- lots of threads to tuck inside.

Tammi, The table runner is very lovely with the quilted leaves. I also like the bear fabric that you used for the FW liner.

Blog Entries
    nanna-up-north, love the fishy quilt as you know I am partial to them LOL]
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Jean, That fishy quilt is perfect for the cabin! I couldn't help but think of Skip when I saw that quilt! You did a wonderful job with the quilting too, I love it!

Tammi, great job on the table runner and the case for your FW! I also have a Pfaff 6122, Jeans and Satin machine. I think that is a 1980ish - or later machine - not really sure! Anyway, the case is really nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to add a place for scissors and such. When that section is dropped down, it'd be great, but I'd be afraid of scratching the machine when it is all up and together around your FW? I especially like the slip cover for the bed of the machine! When that bed is up I always put a piece of fabric there to keep from hitting that thumb screw and scratching the bed - what a great idea! Did you design that cover? If you did, you could sell that pattern!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 07-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Tammi, The table runner is very lovely with the quilted leaves. I also like the bear fabric that you used for the FW liner.
    Thanks VM. I saw that fabric and just knew what I was doing with it. I think something about the little FWs just screams "I need to be wrapped in cute fabric".

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Tammi, great job on the table runner and the case for your FW! I also have a Pfaff 6122, Jeans and Satin machine. I think that is a 1980ish - or later machine - not really sure! Anyway, the case is really nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to add a place for scissors and such. When that section is dropped down, it'd be great, but I'd be afraid of scratching the machine when it is all up and together around your FW? I especially like the slip cover for the bed of the machine! When that bed is up I always put a piece of fabric there to keep from hitting that thumb screw and scratching the bed - what a great idea! Did you design that cover? If you did, you could sell that pattern!

Nancy
    I thought it had more plastic inside than I would have expected for 80s Pfaff. My guess on the Pfaff was actually about '96, only because of something cryptic in the part number of the manual, but you could be right. That said, I love the machine. What do you suppose the difference is between the 6122 Jeans and Satin you have and the 6122 Stretch and Jeans I have here?

My thought on the pocket was somewhere to store things when I was "all set up", I would never leave the scissors especially in there during transport. I feel bad enough when I open the case and find her pedal sitting on her arm.

The other thing I've done, I think I saw it on eBay or something once, is put a little rubber bumper on the screw that hits the bed. It's basically the ones you get with the cupboards at IKEA, so the cupboards "thump" closed instead of "Bang". But the FWs seem to like to snuggle in their liners.

I did design this, but I wouldn't know how to go about drafting it into a pattern, not a legible one anyway? My patterns (the home made ones) are usually scribbled on brown packing paper then fudged repeatedly til I get them the way I want.

Blog Entries
    Tammi, I love the table runner. I've never seen that pattern done in a scrappy mode. It's much more interesting. You quilted leaves are perfect with the leaves in the fabrics.

Thanks, Chris, Irishrose, Judy, Vintage motif, and Nancy.... I think it fits well, too. It did take awhile doing the stitching on the blocks but I wanted something different but close enough to really hold everything well.

Judy, the arm is doing very well. Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a choice between surgery or letting it heal without surgery. I chose to let it heal and worked super hard during therapy..... it paid off. It aches a little when I do too much or when it's going to rain but otherwise.... I'm doing pretty much everything. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't back 100%.

Tammi, I agree with you. I find it harder to follow lines when FMQ, too. But yours is wonderful. I love those leaves and acorns..... I really want to do a fall leaves quilt but am still trying to get most of my UFOs done. And, I love your FW cozy. I would love to have the pattern as well...... see, you need to make up a pattern and sell it.

Glen, I actually thought of you when I was making this one..... I do remember putting a fishy block together for your quilt. Thanks for the compliment...... I appreciate it from another fishing person.

nanna-up-north - you're so sweet. I'm not sure if I would do a stencil again, or at least not without a huge amount of practice first. I found them somewhat constrictive, but that's possibly because it was quite a tight pattern? Believe it or not, I have no UFOs, all of them are USOs - Un-Started Objects. I long for the time when I have a few projects in progress to pick from. I will look into some way of drafting up the pattern. If not to sell, then to give away. I guess I'll have to make another one, to make sure I can document the steps.

Blog Entries
    My latest quilt project. It took me awhile to decide on the quilting. Quilting done with Davis NVF and decorative binding stitch done with Necchi Supernova ultra.
    Name:  P1060156.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  1.31 MBName:  P1060167.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  1.60 MB

Blog Entries
    Monica, wow that table runner is beautiful! You did a great job piecing and with the stippling! I would be afraid to use that runner - it is so pretty! Geeze, the stippling must of taken you hours and hours! It is a great way to quilt a runner - makes it much flatter, but what a lot of work! I love the way you did those stipples! Your legs got a work out treadling!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 07-29-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Oh, I just love your tablerunner....... It turned out so nice. I, too, love to quilt close together lines. I'm not fond of the quilts that just stitch-in-the-ditch around the blocks.... too puffy for me. And, I agree with Nancy.... it must have taken a good amount of time..... but what a wonderful look. I have just the table for it if you'd like to share, or rent it out....

I have a book that shows several quilts that have different designs of quilting and the quilts look so different. It's amazing how the the 'right' quilting pattern can make the fabric 'pop'. So, I take my time deciding, too.

Blog Entries
    Thank you! The quilting didn't take too long after I figure out what I wanted to do. It was easy to do on the Davis NVF. I love that machine!

Beautiful table runner, really like how you did the quilting on it.

Blog Entries
    Monica; WOW!!! to your beautiful tablerunner. Can say I've not seen many that are that stunning. Love the way you quilted it too. You have given me ideas.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Monica, what a gorgeous table runner. I just finished a wall hanging with close quilting and my work doesn't look as good as yours.
    I may as well post it. A train mystery pattern done totally on my 301.
    Name:  Mystery wallhanging.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  1.79 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Monica; WOW!!! to your beautiful tablerunner. Can say I've not seen many that are that stunning. Love the way you quilted it too. You have given me ideas.
    Chris, The pattern I used for this runner was a huge help and success for me in completing a Wedding Ring pattern. I used EZpatterns Double Wedding Ring Runner by Deborah Gansberger. I can now say I have accomplished the Wedding Ring pattern, and all thanks to this kit with excellent directions. Otherwise, I would have never attempted this pattern. The quilting was easy!

Blog Entries
    Irishrose, Your quilt is very pretty! I love the directions of lines that you used in the center of the quilt. It gives it a flow of movement with the center star shape. The colors are very pretty too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Monica, what a gorgeous table runner. I just finished a wall hanging with close quilting and my work doesn't look as good as yours.
    I may as well post it. A train mystery pattern done totally on my 301.
    Name:  Mystery wallhanging.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  1.79 MB
    Stunning wall hanging. Love the colors and the how the qulting flows with the center piece of fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Chris, The pattern I used for this runner was a huge help and success for me in completing a Wedding Ring pattern. I used EZpatterns Double Wedding Ring Runner by Deborah Gansberger. I can now say I have accomplished the Wedding Ring pattern, and all thanks to this kit with excellent directions. Otherwise, I would have never attempted this pattern. The quilting was easy!
    I'm still waiting on the day when the quilting is easy! It is a stunning table runner and don't sell your talents short.

Blog Entries
    Vintagemotif, Very nice and love the quilting with the NVF.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Monica, this work is awesome.

cherrybsixty

Blog Entries
    Chris that wall hanging has one of my favorite color combinations - teal and purple! I love it! Very nice job, and yes you did a great job with the quilting!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Chris that wall hanging has one of my favorite color combinations - teal and purple! I love it! Very nice job, and yes you did a great job with the quilting!

Nancy
    That is IrishRose's wall hanging. Giving credit where credit is due. Wish I could say it was mine.

Monica,
    Your table runner is beautiful! The colors awesome, the quilting is amazing. You've done very well indeed. Deciding how to quilt something is always the hardest part for me.

Irishrose,
    I like your quilt, its pretty and done in my favorite color combination. I have made 2 pieced jackets in this combination.
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 07-30-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    That is IrishRose's wall hanging. Giving credit where credit is due. Wish I could say it was mine.
    Whooops! Well I still love it and yes I see Judy (Irishrose) made it! Judy I love it!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Gee, Nancy, too bad I have already given it to oldest daughter for her sewing room wall. She likes close quilting so I gave it try just for her. It wasn't my colors so it needed a home. Thank you, everyone. Such fun to see what your older ladies and my middle aged girl can do. The 301 is a '56, so she's a youngster on here.

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast