Restoring a dressmaster

Old 06-14-2020, 08:44 AM

Default Pedal not working,

Again, thank you all for the advice. I got the electric pedal 704ns, with dual connections(light/motor). The light comes up, but the motor don’t move. The person that sold me the pedal, believes it’s a motor issue. I will play with it later, but I’m starting to believe it’s the motor too. Have a great Sunday and be safe!
Glenda
Old 06-14-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda787 View Post
Again, thank you all for the advice. I got the electric pedal 704ns, with dual connections(light/motor). The light comes up, but the motor don’t move. The person that sold me the pedal, believes it’s a motor issue. I will play with it later, but I’m starting to believe it’s the motor too. Have a great Sunday and be safe!
Glenda
I'm confused. You say you got the "dual connections(light/motor)" and only the light comes up, As mentioned before, you would need to rewire the motor to have an electric plug on the end to plug into the "motor" outlet. Are you saying you have two electric plugs coming out from the motor. The original picture you posted looks like the wires from the motor go under the machine. One would be the long one, that isn't connected to anything (bare wires). The other would be the electric plug that would go into the wall outlet. If the 704ns is plugged into the wall and the wire that has an electric plug is plugged into the the light socket, the controller will not work. You either have to rewire the controller to the bare wires or rewire the motor to have an electrical plug.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:46 PM

hi i just purchased a white dressmaker sewing machine. Will you please send me an electronic copy of the manual. I am hoping to learn how to thread the machine. thank you
Old 04-01-2024, 09:58 AM

Default White Dressmaker

I have the White manual book #11. The front cover of yours seems different and I am wondering if it is a better manual for me. Very similar to my machine, except for one difference, my bobbin winding mechanism is on the motor. The motor has an extended (1 inch) spindle which you place the bobbin on. I move the motor away from crank shaft/flywheel, then thread to wind bobbin by putting pressure on the foot pedal. I cannot find the model number for my machine. There are two numbers on the motor: E-6354 and 605-24659. I am wondering if one of these numbers is the model number. I will try to post some pictures.

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I finally found my Dressmaster hiding in the closet under a huge pile of fabric. Her manual was with her and I believe it is original to the sewing machine. The manual I have is a generic manual for models 127,159,179,217,227 and 657. I guess the company was saving printing money. Is it the same one you have Joe? If so I will send you the PDF, 31 pages including the covers. Do you need a manual also Ken? BTW, OSMG is looking for the slide plate you need.
Attachment 428457
Old 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM

Default White Dressmaker Photos

Here are two photos.

img_6117.jpeg
Old 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by mommagow View Post
... I am wondering if one of these numbers is the model number. I will try to post some pictures.
Only one photo showed up of the motor. Most of the people haven't been on QB for more than a couple years.
I think that on these machines the model number is the first 3 digits of the serial number which would not be on the motor.
Please include a picture of the nose of the machine as well as the front side as if you were sewing. I'm not sure about your bobbin winder, either.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:23 AM

I uploaded the first photo, and now there is nowhere to add an attachment, only a link. Ive gotta work on that.
I will try to get a link to more photos, of the nose and front
thank you
Old 04-01-2024, 11:32 AM

I found the identical one on eBay. here is the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/31510553758...3ABFBMksedstNj
Old 04-01-2024, 07:13 PM

I uploaded the first photo, and now there is nowhere to add an attachment, only a link. Ive gotta work on that.
I will try to get a link to more photos, of the nose and front
thank you
You will either need to "Go Advanced", or hit the big red "Reply" or the "Quote" button to get to a place that will give you the paper clip icon or click on Manage Attachments to add photos

I have the White manual book #11. The front cover of yours seems different and I am wondering if it is a better manual for me. Very similar to my machine, except for one difference, my bobbin winding mechanism is on the motor. The motor has an extended (1 inch) spindle which you place the bobbin on. I move the motor away from crank shaft/flywheel, then thread to wind bobbin by putting pressure on the foot pedal. ....
Caroline's manual might be a better manual, but unfortunately has not been on QB for quite some time. Did you get the #11 manual with the machine? There is another manual similar to your machine, but isn't very good either at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...e-117-552.html.

I'm wondering if you bobbin winder is like the one seen in this post- Dressmaster 127, Another Crinkle. I don't remember seeing a manual that included that type of bobbin winder. (Doesn't mean I actually haven't seen one, LOL)

There is a partial threading picture at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...0-img_5313.jpg I have one posted, too at Need help which also has a link for a thread which has actual images for threading the bobbin. I also found a youtube video for threading a similar machine at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eiKXCjv80

Hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2024, 08:09 PM

Here are some White manuals - it looks like there are several, maybe better than the #11 or a better #13.

Something I forgot to mention, is the hand wheel goes the opposite direction of Singer or modern machines. If you are looking at the hand wheel it will go in a clockwise direction.