Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Sewing machine turns out much better than expected. >
  • Sewing machine turns out much better than expected.

• Sewing machine turns out much better than expected.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM

She looks very nice after her make over.
    Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Sunflowerzz - if you want to send me a picture of the cams, I'll keep an eye out for them while I'm searching for attachments.

I've got five oddball box sets that are missing assorted pieces, so I pretty much look at new listings for sewing attachments every day. Most sellers don't have a clue what they have, I'm glad at least most of them realize it's something sewing related.
    Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike
    Also what Joe said: You'll need to fill it back up if you want it to work reliably. That grease looked very clean, so I'd have put it back. Only reason not to is if it's been contaminated with something (usually bits of metal) or it's gone hard.

What are you saying? Fill it back up? Put it back where? It was all in the bottom of the hole and none of it was actually touching gears. I read in a post awhile back about greasing up the gears and I was told to put a thin line the size of a small string around the gears. So that is what I did. Would you please explain what you said because I am not understanding your advice.
    Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
    Power Poster

Very nice machine!!!
    Old 12-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    Sunflowerzz - if you want to send me a picture of the cams, I'll keep an eye out for them while I'm searching for attachments.

I've got five oddball box sets that are missing assorted pieces, so I pretty much look at new listings for sewing attachments every day. Most sellers don't have a clue what they have, I'm glad at least most of them realize it's something sewing related.

Thank you I will do that, also I just bought a set on ebay I think is the right set and is the one that comes with the machine, in my owners manual it shows additional cams. I would love to have the complete set so when they come in I will send you a pic of those. All of the cams are numbered so that will make it easier.

I buy every box of cams I come across when out making my rounds, hopefully we can match some up for peeps.
    Old 12-06-2013, 02:21 AM

Nice find Sunflowerzz! I'd like more info about the grease trap also. My White 2334 has a grease trap just like that . It had been professionally cleaned two years ago. There was a tiny bit of grease seeping out so I didn't peak inside. Does someone know what type of grease to use?
    Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 AM

It looks beautiful now. Last winter I sewed on an older New Home, it did quite well.
    Old 12-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz
    What are you saying? Fill it back up? Put it back where? It was all in the bottom of the hole and none of it was actually touching gears. I read in a post awhile back about greasing up the gears and I was told to put a thin line the size of a small string around the gears. So that is what I did. Would you please explain what you said because I am not understanding your advice.
    If the machine has a grease trap, then it needs to be filled with grease. You can use vaseline as that should be easy to find for you.
    Old 12-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
    If the machine has a grease trap, then it needs to be filled with grease. You can use vaseline as that should be easy to find for you.
    I'am sorry, I just can't wrap my head around this, the grease trap is about 2.5" across and very deep, it houses the gears and the bobbin assembly. Maybe a photo would help me? I just can't see what grease laying all over the bottom of the trap would accomplish?
    Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 PM

You put the grease in the gears and the area surrounding them and then reseal it. The grease the prior owner used flung off and stuck to the lid.