Singer 160

Old 12-29-2013, 04:17 PM

Saw one on internet, e-bay maybe for $160. But you need a lightweight, look for a feather weight or new brother, I have one of those along with some oldies (White rotary and 66 tredels, 201-3 that was my grandmothers, a kenmore 158, 2 surgers and the brother 9000SE, and she is very light and sews good for a plastic machine and was on Amazon for $130 including shipping with 80 stitches. You will learn much here and welcome. When is baby due?
Old 12-29-2013, 05:52 PM

Your 301 is pretty much the second most desired vintage portable sewing machine with the featherweight models being first. The featherweight weighs in at 11 lbs and you said yours was 16 lbs. I don't think you're going to get anything much lighter than that that is also vintage.
Rodney
Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Saw one on internet, e-bay maybe for $160. But you need a lightweight, look for a feather weight or new brother, I have one of those along with some oldies (White rotary and 66 tredels, 201-3 that was my grandmothers, a kenmore 158, 2 surgers and the brother 9000SE, and she is very light and sews good for a plastic machine and was on Amazon for $130 including shipping with 80 stitches. You will learn much here and welcome. When is baby due?
May 30th. But, this will be my third child and my third C-section. I'm hoping we can make the birthday May 21st, but I'm not sure if the hospital will go for that, since that would make the C-section earlier than 39 weeks. The relevance is that my family has an odd habit of the youngest being born on a grandparent's birthday. My dad's brother, my uncle, was born on their grandmother's birthday. My youngest cousin was born on our grandmother's birthday. And, this will be my youngest.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
A friend of mine bought one new (for $300) in August and excitedly told me about it straight afterwards. My reaction was honest and predictable (if you know me). She hasn't spoken to me since. Not sure why: "Argh! It's plastic and Chinese" still seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say
Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
LOL!!! I agree with you, and I also am sometimes too honest. I try to keep my big mouth shut....honest I do!!
I don't mind a bit. I'm pretty blunt myself. I don't like the catty head games that a lot of women play. I call them like I see them, and what you see is what you get. But, on the other hand, since I miss many prime opportunities to just shut the hell up, you never have to wonder where you stand with me.