Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
SMAD - what have I got myself into? >

SMAD - what have I got myself into?

SMAD - what have I got myself into?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Default SMAD - what have I got myself into?

The Fed Ex guy showed up about an hour after the UPS guy.

Remember the Domestic looper I wanted - it's somewhere in here. . .

Hmmm- actually knew what box it was in, as one was addressed to my husband, and one to me. This was two lots from the same seller ending about 45 seconds apart, so he bid on one while I was after the second. I really only wanted a few things in each lot - but neither cost enough to break the bank.

And here is the misc loose stuff -

And the looper! YEA!!

Ok - bad part, it doesn't actually fit my machine! I have an older style without the hole in the shuttle carrier - however I have two of them so DH and I will experiment with putting a hole in one. All it does is allow the little lever to slip down and then clamp into place. This is the underside - you can see the little "lever" that needs to fit into a hole in the shuttle carrier. I know that the machine that fits the looper take the same shuttle as mine, so I don't expect there are any other differences to get the looper to work.

There is also a special needle plate, but since I have extra ones of those, I think I can fabricate one. All it has is a larger needle hole so the thread can pass through correctly. I've got enough Chain Stitch needle plates to know what it should look like. I have a PDF of the manual that shows how to use the looper.

So I got to thinking - maybe a slighter newer domestic would fit this looper - AND the slightly different feet I've got . . .